Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am relatively new here. Has anyone run a blown car at the track and posted times?

thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Without Blower for me, times are in my signature with the mods listed there as well. I am going to the track tomorrow night hoping for a new personal best..;)

Bill

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
HDMLNIUM said:
Without Blower for me, times are in my signature with the mods listed there as well. I am going to the track tomorrow night hoping for a new personal best..;)

Bill
GL HF!
My mods are very similar to yours except I have the Volant CAI. Hopefully, I can break into the 12's too. Hdmlnium, do you have any tips to get the best 1/4 mile time as possible?

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
I'm nervous about trying a 1/4 mile. Never done it before, so I'm naturally nervous about proving what a lousy driver I am (wimp). But mainly I'm fearful for my differential. With a grand total of maybe 5 hard launches over 19,800 miles, my diff finally let loose. My launch motto now is, "Roll, baby, roll!"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
N/A does not mean stock; it means naturally aspirated, i.e. no blower. Could have a stroker kit, headers, exhaust, CAI, big cam, custom tune, etc, for all we know.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
LV_V said:
N/A does not mean stock; it means naturally aspirated, i.e. no blower. Could have a stroker kit, headers, exhaust, CAI, big cam, custom tune, etc, for all we know.
N/A in the cadillacfaq.com 1/4 mile times means we have no available or applicable information on modifications. Looks like I need to pick a better acronym.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
THATS STOCK PEOPLE

Yes I understand N/A means naturally aspirated, but in this case.....
the n/a answer was for people that were NOT APPLICABLE under the section entitled MODIFICATIONS for the list of 1/4 mile times. SO N/A in this case means STOCK.

·
Registered
753 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
THATS STOCK PEOPLE

Yes I understand N/A means naturally aspirated, but in this case.....
the n/a answer was for people that were NOT APPLICABLE under the section entitled MODIFICATIONS for the list of 1/4 mile times. SO N/A in this case means STOCK.
Before popping off at everyone, do a little research with the search function. In this case, you only needed to read Stealth's post slightly before yours.First, V Force's time was never confirmed and he provided no information about his vehicle. There is no proof that the run was actually made, or that the time wasn't recorded on an in-car measuring device.Second, Stealth has already made it clear that N/A means there was no applicable information available on mods. Once again, the poster did alot of bragging but never backed it up with factual information about the run or his V. Third, a guesstimate of 350hp does not mean that a V is stock. Stock V's have a range of dyno numbers, many well below 350. CR

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was really interested in the blown times.

[email protected] doesn't sound right unless he was running on cheater slicks. With the power band in this car to get in the 12s should have meant a trap speed over 110

1 - 20 of 50 Posts