Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys/gals,

I just lucked into a super deal on some American Racing 24" wheels on eBay (tires 305/35/24). It was bigger than I'd planned on upgrading to, but I've mounted them and I'm in love!!!

However, there's a problem, with the tire size, I have a rub in the fender well that's ever so slight. I could probably grind a small corner of the fender away, but I'm considering a small lift to give it a little more clearance instead (only happens on full turning of wheels).

I've seen some kits on eBay for ~$200 that give 2-3" lift using torsion keys. Are these a good way to get a good lift? I've heard in the past on other cars that I might be able to get some lift from shock replacement only, is that possible on the Escalade? As my 00 has 100k miles, it's probalby due for new shocks anyway.

Any advice appreciated! I'll get some photos of the new wheels and post soon!

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey josh did u find a kit for your truck im stuck with the sam problem bought wheels that dont fit would the torsion keys do the job ?? thanks !

·
Registered
Cadillac
215 Posts
You lower Escalades to get rid of ugly fender gap thats more apparant with big rims. Raising is going to be fugly. What size tires are you running? People run 26s and lower their trucks. The rubbing will most likely be fixed with a simple zip tie trick (do a search) or cutting some of the thin plastic inner liner out (or it will eventually rub away on its own if you leave it long enough.)

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
3 Posts
some people lower cars with big wheels, some people dont. i actually raised my front and leveled it with the back, not because it was rubbing(although it was and after leveling it still does, but not nearly as often) but because i like the looks of 24s with a lifted appearance, i have recieved quite a bit of compliments; remember, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IM looking to put on 35" rubbers I was told to lift the truck but there is no lift or body kit . I was thinking of swopping the torsion keyus do u think this would get any extra lift ??

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
3 Posts
i almost went with 22" wheels and 35" tires, decided not to, just because i saw a few other ext's like mine with bigger tires and although it looked good, i like the 24"s with the leveled look more...

i have seen plent of lift kits, if you are awd expect to spend 1500-2500 for about 3 inches of lift, otherwise if youre just rwd you will only spend about $400

p.s.--like i stated, i have found multiple kits for my truck, i do however have a 05 ext...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts