Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
cts-v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 09 cts-v i've had it for about 4 weeks now it has quite a few miles 63k to be exact nav was filled with out of state addys and i talked to previous owner she left he number in the nav......but anyways im noticing that the tranny is in 6th gear at about 40-45 mph.....thats one problem.....the other is when im driving and i let off the gas the car feels like its jerking/surging......the dealer offerd a fuel system clean and a tranny service.....will this correct the problem?......i read here that there was a service bulletin.....any help guy thanks

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
Well, believe it or not shifting into 6th at 40 mph is normal for these cars. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean about the surging though. A tranny tune should help with the premature shifting.

·
Banned
cts-v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, believe it or not shifting into 6th at 40 mph is normal for these cars. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean about the surging though. A tranny tune should help with the premature shifting.
its like the converter is slippin in and out of lockup.....or like it cant decide what gear it wants to be in

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
We have a record mileage holder. 63k miles, WOW!

And to amplify, yes, this behavior is completely normal for this tranny. Tune will fix it.

·
Banned
cts-v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol yea its my daily...a blast to drive....just a few problems....i gave up my ext for my dream car.....im 6'9" this car has alot of room for a tall DRIVER

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
fyi b.....ss don't do tunes no more....you need to hit up the treasry boys for that now.....but i like mine jus fine and wont get da tune....i can drive around the slushbox drama

1 - 10 of 10 Posts