Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 EXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 09 EXT a couple of weeks ago and want more bass.

Is there a factory sub in the EXT? Where is it?

Assuming there is, can I just tap off these inputs into a re-Q >> AMP >> Sub?

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts
Get a jl audio Stealthbox The only way to go. I have upgraded my centers put in a small box under seat and ripped it all out for 2 12 inch Jlaudios

·
Registered
2009 EXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a jl audio Stealthbox The only way to go. I have upgraded my centers put in a small box under seat and ripped it all out for 2 12 inch Jlaudios
Stealthbox is a thought. Either way, is adding a sub a simple matter of re-Q off factory sub leads to new amp / sub?

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 07 EXT(Stolen),09 EXT
231 Posts
i had 6 12" in my 07 it hit real hard, i dont no how much base you are looking for but u have a lot of options and long as your open to sugestions

·
Registered
2009 EXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I am less concerned with my exact sub specs. I am definitely not looking to add 6 12" - just some extra low end. I will probably go with the JL Stealthbox or experiment with some fiberglass under the rear seat for fun.

I am just wanting to verify that my method of adding a sub is accurate

1. Disconnect sub inside center console
2. Run these leads to re-Q
3. Run this to amp
4. Run this to sub

I know this seems basic, but I just wanted to be sure I am not missing something.

·
Registered
2009 EXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

Right now I am less concerned with my exact sub specs. I am definitely not looking to add 6 12" - just some extra low end. I will probably go with the JL Stealthbox or experiment with some fiberglass under the rear seat for fun.

I am just wanting to verify that my method of adding a sub is accurate

1. Disconnect sub inside center console
2. Run these leads to re-Q
3. Run this to amp
4. Run this to sub

I know this seems basic, but I just wanted to be sure I am not missing something.

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 07 EXT(Stolen),09 EXT
231 Posts
it would work but sound quality would suck, your best bet is going with a interface like mobile hub so u keep you stock screen but have all the advantages of a new head unit and then run everything off of that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts