Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade-ESV-Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiway driving, "service stabiltrack" will suddenly appear, then all electrical turns off then on, cool seats come on, everything goes blank, seat belt chimes, all lasting not more than a couple of seconds. Then repeat once or twice over a minute or so. Then all ok for the rest of the day.

Anyone else or anyone with insight into this gremlin...???

·
Registered
escalade
137 Posts
When mine did something like this i ran new grounds and added grounds. I also added another battery and havent had an issue sense. I did this because I noticed my escalade had really poor grounding...

·
Registered
Escalade-ESV-Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When mine did something like this i ran new grounds and added grounds. I also added another battery and havent had an issue sense. I did this because I noticed my escalade had really poor grounding...
Was it the battery ground cable or where was the ground(s) you added? Thank you, it was my guess it was a electrical connection somehow...

·
Registered
Escalade-ESV-Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try the battery terminals make sure there not loose
Thank you, going to do that I guess Mon, wife is needing the car this weekend.

I have been think I might need to replace the battery cables. I have found that cures a lot of electrical ills...

·
Registered
993 Posts
These trucks are pretty reliable, and from what I've seen, problems like the one you are experiencing are usually due to a weak battery, or bad connections.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Punmax said:
These trucks are pretty reliable, and from what I've seen, problems like the one you are experiencing are usually due to a weak battery, or bad connections.
I agree.

·
Registered
escalade
137 Posts
I cleaned the battery ground at motor and added a ground from battery to firewall. I then installed another battery and ran grounds from that battery to motor and fire wall where the existing ground strap is. I also ran a ground from motor to frame.

·
Registered
Escalade-ESV-Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, its along my thinking, but not have exp before figured I would ask, 'ppreciate your comments. Will report back if anything else is discovered...

·
Registered
Escalade-ESV-Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure on iPod interface (wife's car) my Ford F 350 Dually has it.

Update: Headed down to Sears, they throw machines on it and Alternator works fine, battery is good, BUT has a low charge and needs to be charged. Hummmm, will I just drove almost 2 hrs down I 10 and the battery shows low charge...tells me battery is not holding a full charge. I tell them to put in a new battery, they do and car has worked fine for 2 days showing no symptoms...

Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts