Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V - 630 RWHP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 STS-V coming off lease in a few months and I am switching to a 2009 CTS DI AWD. I will miss the V but I need something that can handle snow. My father is one of the few left working at GM, and those of you familiar with thier discount program, making me eligible to purchase vehicles from thier dealership consolidation list. I found a very nice CTS on this list, but on the invoice it has a line item that states "XM RADIO SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE." The vehicle has the Bose 5.1 w/ the NAV and hard drive so I am not sure why this is showing up.

My question is... does anyone know if my dealer can install the XM components, allowing the XM to work through my NAV radio?? I hate to spend $40K+ on a car and have an aftermarket xm receiver... My dealer was unable to answer this question....

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V - 630 RWHP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if that is it... it also is a $150 deduct from the price...

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
Where did you find that? I've been looking on there forever and saw they originally had a CTS-V, but I haven't seen any regular CTSs since it started. I assume you are talking about new cars at PEP price...
IMO - I really liked XM, but with the 40GB HDD and MP3 input, I never use it. I paid for a year of it and I almost never listen to it.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V - 630 RWHP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dealer told me the same thing, saying I will never use the XM with the 40GB hard drive...

I did find this on the new vehicles for PEP price site. I have been looking on the site daliy for over a month. I got lucky this AM and they had 1 CTS DI AWD... diamond white with ebony interior.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
I find it hard to believe any of these cars lack XM. Most, if not all GM cars have XM, so it seems unlikely they would make a radio without it. Plus, the NAV system is meant to interact with XM traffic (as long as you pay for it).

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
It says "xm radio SERVICE not available". I take it to mean that there is no free XM trial period included, not that there is no XM equipment. However, the $150 credit is certainly more than the 3 month trial of XM/NavTraffic retails for.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
It says "xm radio SERVICE not available". I take it to mean that there is no free XM trial period included, not that there is no XM equipment. However, the $150 credit is certainly more than the 3 month trial of XM/NavTraffic retails for.
It wasn't until I read this post that I realized that CTSes now only get 3 free months of XM. I got a year free when I got my '09 in December. A little cost-cutting going on here???

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
In the US, we only ever got three months of XM free. We do get one year of OnStar, though.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
It wasn't until I read this post that I realized that CTSes now only get 3 free months of XM. I got a year free when I got my '09 in December. A little cost-cutting going on here???
Are you sure? My past 2 new Caddys have only had 3 months of XM service and a year of ONSTAR.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I wonder if it was a car destined for Hawaii or some other area where XM service is not available. It still seems unusual that they would go to the trouble of deleting it.
If you recall, the pictures we got from Russia showed all of the cars without the shark fin so they obviously have no XM option. I wonder if your dealer can check to see what is required to order an XM delete car.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
Are you sure? My past 2 new Caddys have only had 3 months of XM service and a year of ONSTAR.
I'm dead-certain. Our '08 SRX, OTOH, only came with 3 months and the '09 CTS is now back to a 3 month free subscription but I bought during a period where GM (and/or XM) was obviously flirting with another strategy.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V - 630 RWHP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've bought multiple new GM cars since they started offering XM and never received anything more than 3 months free.

I guess I will find out if they truly deleted the XM radio or not in about a month. The car is in Califorina now and has to be shipped to PA. I just hope that if it trully is deleted I can get my dealer to install it and have it work through the Nav like stock...

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Did you ever get your car. What was the deal with the XM delete. Was it because of where the car was originally destined. Did you have any luck getting the dealer to add it to the car?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V - 630 RWHP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still waiting on the car to ship from CA to PA... My dealer is waiting to see what is there or not here in regards to the XM hook-up when the car shows up...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts