Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cadillac cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 09 CTS and it will not shift in manual mode or in regular drive.. Anyone know what it may be?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4
376 Posts
I had a similar problem. The linkage from the shifter needed to be tightened. Search cts transmission on youtube

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
I had the problem with the manual shift mode. They replaced my entire shift assembly.

·
Registered
09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere
404 Posts
I have posted the same in the "Funky transmission behavior... or is it?" thread. Sorry for the duplication...
While driving on the interstate in Vermont, there was a road work zone so that I had to slow down to 45-50 mph going downhill. At the bottom of the hill and at the end of the work zone, I wanted to accelerate back to 70-75 mph. However, my 09 CTS was stuck in the third gear. I was at 60 mph and the rpm was at 4000 rpm and even when releasing the accelerator, it would not shift. I was in D - that is the normal driving mode, NOT the sport mode. I then moved the lever to the right, up-shifted manually to the fifth and sixth gear and then moved the lever back to D. Everything was normal afterward!!
Again, I was in the Normal driving mode and not the sport mode. It is certainly the first time my car does this to me. Car has 38.5K miles now and I own it since new.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI Fully Loaded
58 Posts
Literally just got home from a trip and signed on to see if anyone else was having a transmission issue...I'm in normal auto D and when I was flooring it and getting up to a high redline, 7000ish where it would normally shift if I had it floored, well it just sat there and didn't shift. I had to let off the gas in order for it to shift up and then continue accelerating. It has never really done this before at all and is starting to get me worried. It would literally just sit there and let itself keep reving high. I'm very annoyed right now, never had a major issue with me 08 until this, which I consider to be a major issue. I'm going to take it in soon and I hope they don't give me the run around at my dealership like they have before when I notice something but they may not, this is a serious problem.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,431 Posts
Literally just got home from a trip and signed on to see if anyone else was having a transmission issue...I'm in normal auto D and when I was flooring it and getting up to a high redline, 7000ish where it would normally shift if I had it floored, well it just sat there and didn't shift. I had to let off the gas in order for it to shift up and then continue accelerating. It has never really done this before at all and is starting to get me worried. It would literally just sit there and let itself keep reving high. I'm very annoyed right now, never had a major issue with me 08 until this, which I consider to be a major issue. I'm going to take it in soon and I hope they don't give me the run around at my dealership like they have before when I notice something but they may not, this is a serious problem.
Transmission problems can be pretty scary. In this case I suspect some dirt in the valve body

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
I have the same problem. Mine is very intermitent, maybe happens once every couple of weeks. It would get stuck in a certain gear for no apparent reason. When it happens, the red gear selector on the dash isn't displayed. To cure it, I shut the car down and open the drivers door, then it's good to go. I had a SES code Internal mode switch invalid range. Any help would be appreciated

12,877 Posts
TheNardDog, I'm sorry you experienced this and wish you well at the dealership! If you still have concerns after your dealership trip, please don't hesitate to send me a private message anytime and I would be happy to investigate further for you.

1968vert, are you considering bringing your CTS to a dealership as well? If you would like me to research your Cadillac further for you (to check for recalls that maybe pertaining to your vehicle), just let me know! If you do not have access to PM capabilities yet, my email is [email protected].

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts