Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have a 2009 CTS-V and the rear doors will not unlock or lock using the Key Fob or the button on the driver or passenger door. Now it seems like it is trying to unlock so I know it has power and is not a fuse (Already checked). The locks will some times work if I put it into drive and it locks the doors automatically but not always. They were working about 3 days ago and now they are not. Any suggestions? Maybe not getting enough power to actually make them go up and down or actuator problem? Seems highly unlikely that both actuators would go out at the same time but I guess stranger things happen. Front doors work fine.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but not both. Going to pull the door panels off and look at the actuators.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Had this issue. That's exactly what it was. One was dead and one was near death. Had both replaced under warranty but unless you have an aftermarket warranty you may be on the hook. Relatively easy fix.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,157 Posts
There are lots of writeups I believe. Maybe check on the regular CTS forum as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts