Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$889 + tax.. comes out to around $945 with tax..

Only comes with Sunroof no other options.

Good deal? OK deal? Bad deal?

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Well think about it, you are paying $35,000 and in the end you will have nothing. Pay $62,000 to buy, pay a bit more each month and in three years will the car be worth more than $30K? I kind of doubt it. High performance cars (no matter the brand) do not hold their value well. That is why GM is not writing leases on these cars. The days of heavily subsidized leases on luxury cars is coming to an end.

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Buying a sports car is about minimizing loss. A lot of guys act like buying them is a good investment. V's don't hold their value for shit. In 3 years you'll be lucky to get 25k for this car.

My 70k STS-V was sold for 32k and that was after a 2 year lease. Guy bought it 2 months after I gave it back.

My payment was 1,025 a month which comes out to 24,600. That's a difference of 45,400. Which means I would been in the hole 13,400. It was even worse on my 2005 CTS-V.

Buying a sports car is a bad investment in my opinion.

I do agree with commander112 that the good deals with leases are about to end. This is my last sports car because I am going to start looking for an electric car.

CTSXtreme to give you an idea...

I am paying 1010 a month for a loaded V2 (cept polished wheels) and mine was on GMS. Your deal looks pretty close but you could haggle with them some more.

Pm me your email and I will send you a price sheet for the V. It shows MSRP and GMS on the base car and options.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
i paid $520 for my 05 ctsv...$825 for my 07 stsv...both with $1500 down for 24 months with 12k a year milage...SO NO, ITS NOT A GOOD DEAL!!! LEASES ARE GREAT ONLY IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL, so far on the ctsv it just aint happening! :nono:...and im still waiting,,

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
i paid $520 for my 05 ctsv...$825 for my 07 stsv...both with $1500 down for 24 months with 12k a year milage...SO NO, ITS NOT A GOOD DEAL!!! LEASES ARE GREAT ONLY IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL, so far on the ctsv it just aint happening! :nono:...and im still waiting,,
You obviously waited awhile to get those deals and you won't be getting anything like that on the V2.

·
Registered
Black 2014 Vsport Premium
213 Posts
In the realm of recent leasing history across all brands for a $61,000 car, it isn't a great deal (although leasing rates have gone way up for most brands). Compared to what other people have been quoted for a new V, I think it is better than most.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Since the lease rates suck on the 09 CTS-V, I had no choice, but to buy mine. I put down $6,100.00 and my monthly payment is $748.00 per month. I just re-financed my auto loan with my credit union and my payment dropped $100.00 starting this month. Before this month, I was paying $843.00 per month. If I leased my car, it would have been hundreds more per month and at the end of the term, I would not own it. I would have to give it back after paying all those lease payments.

The car is worth every penny what I am paying for it and I will most likely keep this car for years being that GM will probably stop making it once the government gets their control of the General.

SG

·
Registered
None
56 Posts
Since the lease rates suck on the 09 CTS-V, I had no choice, but to buy mine. I put down $6,100.00 and my monthly payment is $748.00 per month. I just re-financed my auto loan with my credit union and my payment dropped $100.00 starting this month. Before this month, I was paying $843.00 per month. If I leased my car, it would have been hundreds more per month and at the end of the term, I would not own it. I would have to give it back after paying all those lease payments.

The car is worth every penny what I am paying for it and I will most likely keep this car for years being that GM will probably stop making it once the government gets their control of the General.

SG
SG - what options did you get with your? That monthly payment looks good, even the 843 one is great with 6100 down. I assume you financed for 72 months?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003, Pontiac Trans Am S.E. 1977
210 Posts
LOL! "Lease Deal". Leasing a car = always bad. Every finance guru on the business channels (Suze Orman, Dave Ramsey, etc) worth anything will tell you this, and they are Jewish, so they must be correct. Either finance it like an average/normal person, make your payments, then get rid of it in 2-4 years, or do the wise, financial guru method of saving enough money, then buying it.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
999 Posts
Consider a home equity line. My current rate is 3.4%, and the interest is deductible. Plus you can pay down as you see fit, not on a schedule, except for the interest, which is simple, not compounded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts