Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a lot of problems with the sunroof. Prior to it completely stopping, it would reverse itself when I’d close it. I went overseas and let it sit for 3 months, covered, when I came back, the sunroof and sunshade stopped working entirely. Fuses are in perfect condition. Since then, I’ve replaced the battery. I’ve read that earlier models of the CTS need a sunroof reset after switching batteries but I’m not sure if that’s a viable approach with the 09.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,956 Posts
Having a lot of problems with the sunroof. Prior to it completely stopping, it would reverse itself when I’d close it. I went overseas and let it sit for 3 months, covered, when I came back, the sunroof and sunshade stopped working entirely. Fuses are in perfect condition. Since then, I’ve replaced the battery. I’ve read that earlier models of the CTS need a sunroof reset after switching batteries but I’m not sure if that’s a viable approach with the 09.
Welcome.

Was your CTS cover waterproof? Was it stored outside?
You may possibly be experiencing electrical problems due to clogged sunroof drains.

·
Registered
09 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was stored outside, but the cover was waterproof. I live in a very wet area and I had no issues with water leaking into my vehicle or through the seal around the sunroof.

I’ll look into how to clean the drains. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts