Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum so thanks in advance for any help. Anyway I have a 09 CTS4 that was purchased a couple months ago. Everything was working great until I left my radar detector plugged in and ran the battery down. After hooking a booster to it I could not get it to attempt to start. I know battery is now charged as I also tried new battery in it. Have undone cables to try and reset also. Here are issue: It has RKE. Key fobs do not work, front doors are locked from outside but you can reach thru front window and open from inside, trunk release button on door does not work, everything powers up but error messages for service all wheel drive and service ac pop up in DIC. I have undone both ECM harnesses to check them. Checked all fuses under the hood. Any ideas on correcting the issue? Thanks

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Welcome, and so sorry you're having a problem!

All new cars are very sensitive to jumping, charging the battery while hooked up in the system. Our cars have 20 or so "computers" that control all electronics and they don't like battery problems. Did you charge the battery while hooked up to the cables? Using the proper connection/disconnect procedure is very important. ALWAYS neg first dnd pos last and when hooking back up, pos first neg last.

I'm hoping you didn't fry something like the ECU. I would have the car towed to a Cadillac dealer so they can properly check out the systems and repair as needed. This will be painful to your wallet, but they know better than anyone else what's happening with you car.

Good Luck and let us know what the cause/repair is with your car.

Marv

1 - 2 of 2 Posts