Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am new to your site and I just purchased my 2009 CTS a few months ago and love it. It has the heated/Ventilated seats. The problem I am having is that my ventilated seats are not working.

Heated seats come on, lights up and work fine.

I hit the button for the ventilated seats and nothing works. Does not light up, no signs of the fans kicking on, nothing.

I have checked all the fuses, wiring under the seats. I am out of guesses.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Welcome aboard the forum!

Use the 'advanced Search' area at the top right of the page and enter "CTS ventilated seats not working". This will take you to quite a few threads on the site that will give you great information on your problem.

Good Luck, Marv

·
Registered
2007 Escalade '08 CTS '06 H2
95 Posts
both sides doing the same? I'm having that same issue but the passenger side only, do the climate controls function correctly? I just ordered set of passenger side controls . I'll keep you posted if that fixes the problem

·
Registered
2009 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both side are doing the same. All climate controls and everything else is working perfectly.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Both side are doing the same. All climate controls and everything else is working perfectly.
CTROST, to be clear... the seat ventilation function in your CTS isn't working for both the driver and passenger seats - and when you hit the buttons to switch on seat ventilation (using both the driver side and passenger side buttons) there is no indication for ventilation fan speed status coming up on both control displays. Is that correct?
It sounds like there could be a computer data line (GMLAN) issue between the Radio/HVAC Control and the Memory Seat Module (MSM). As info - seat ventilator fan motor speed (i.e. speeds 1-2-3) in both seats is directly controlled by variable trigger signals sent out by the MSM.

By the way.. have you 100% confirmed that the 'MISC IGN' 10A fuse at the underhood fuse block isn't blown? Ref page 5-121 of your '09 CTS owner's manual. This fuse is located near the top right of the fuse block, directly above the 'IGN 1' relay. The 'MISC IGN' fuse feeds 12V+ supply/run power to the ventilation fan motors in both seats; the fuse goes hot (gets 12v+ power) when the 'IGN 1' relay is energized.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts