Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help on how to replace the part behind the vent on drivers side that opens and closes for air and heat mine is missing and I need to know how to take apart to put new one in. Thanks so so much, Kathy:hmm: Well let me tell you what it is doing the vents on passenger side blows hot and the passenger seat gets hot. But the passenger side will only blow cold air and the seat will not heat up either. So we took and hade it hooked up to a programer and they manually have it so right now it blows warm on driver side. But there is a plastic piece that is supposed to open and close for heat and air. And I can't find the name of part it goes in b back of the center control vent on drivers side!! Thanks

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,163 Posts
I haven't had to work on my dash, so I am sorry I can't help. Someone needs to speak up here!

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
If you go to GMPARTSDIRECT.COM you can look up the part and maybe their exploded view will give you an idea of what you are dealing with in terms of parts. It might give you a starting point on where to start your repair.

C

·
0 Posts
You have to remove the wood trim piece above then vent, side Cover panel on the side of the dash, Unhook the ambient light from the light tube.
All before you can pull the vent/ dic panel out.

They are all held in with metal clips that just push in and lock to the Dash, So removing the parts you are pulling straight out.
There is a duct piece that snaps in to the back of the panel behind the vent grill, The air stop door has an arm that attaches to the knob.
As you can see in the pictures I took a while back while looking to into some for the ambient lighting

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
You have to remove the wood trim piece above then vent, side Cover panel on the side of the dash, Unhook the ambient light from the light tube.
All before you can pull the vent/ dic panel out.

They are all held in with metal clips that just push in and lock to the Dash, So removing the parts you are pulling straight out.
There is a duct piece that snaps in to the back of the panel behind the vent grill, The air stop door has an arm that attaches to the knob.
As you can see in the pictures I took a while back while looking to into some for the ambient lighting

Thanks for the pictures, but for the life of me, I can't tell what orientation I'm looking at. I'm sure once I know it will be one of those kick yourself in the butt answers. Can you please tell where the camera is pointed in relationship to what portion of the dash. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,163 Posts
Not my picture, but my take is you are looking in from the drivers side door. The end panel is off the dash, and you can see the steering cowl and steering column on the right side of the picture.

C

·
0 Posts
Not my picture, but my take is you are looking in from the drivers side door. The end panel is off the dash, and you can see the steering cowl and steering column on the right side of the picture.
Yep that is basically it a long with the drivers side door defrost vent in the 2nd picture.
That is as far as the panel will come out with out unhooking the DIC display buttons from the harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts