Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I ordered an 08' escalade. We have heard that the key fob was redesigned. Has anyone seen one?? I was hoping it is the new GM 2-way fob with the LCD display.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Covered in another topic already. This is one from a 2008 STS, but give or take a button or two, and it's the same thing.

And, from what's been said, if you have a model with the older one ('07 that would be), the new ones SHOULD just program right up. No one's confirmed it, but it should be true.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Too bulky, I wouldn't want that in my pocket.
It's really not that different than the current one, just a little more rectangular.

Which models will be offered with GM's version of a 2 way ?
If you're again referring to that key fob with the screen and data readouts that too many people are confusing with stock, it's a GM accessory that essentially can be set to any new GM vehicle (give or take a few, with older electronics, I believe).

·
Registered
2015 or 2016 coming soon
72 Posts
Anyone have a part number for the GM LCD key FOB?

SG
I asked at my dealer yesterday. I don't think they know about it. Said once my 08 gets in they will try to look it up using the vin. Time will tell or we will find it first. Good luck with this one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found this number on a saturn site, I have not had time to go by the dealership yet tho. The number is 17802071 advanced 2-way remote start is what it is called.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I haven't seen an Escalade yet for '08 but I have had my hands on that STS key fob.
I suspect we'll see more and more of those appearing.
Most of what we are getting now is '08.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
The key is pretty classy. When I picked my 07 up in July, they had misplaced one key. So they ordered two for me (because I asked for an extra) and they ended up giving me the pictured keys with the colored emblem, versus the OEM 07 key . Too bad they did not misplace the remote too... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Yes Carl, but don't forget about the new and improved ESCALADE badge re-positioning - not to mention the rubber mat in the cubby. That is where your 10K will go. The new key and fob are just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Wow, this is the key fob I was waiting for, looks great and the key color match.
Happy for u to have a classy key and fob for your classy SUV.
If one can order the new fob , can you program it to work on the 07s ?
And what is the item number ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Service Advisor at my dealer tells me that they don't believe the '08 remote can be made to work with an '07 vehicle - but he admits that they haven't tried it yet so he's not sure....... Anyone verify one way or the other???

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
I was over on the Corvette site and the same question came up there as well. I know we are talking apples and oranges, but the 08 Corvette FOB that looks just like the one above does retrofit to the 05-07 models(C6). Hopefully the 08 Escalade FOB will retrofit to the 07's.

RLTW

1 - 20 of 44 Posts