Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with one of these that said he would sell it to me. It is an 08 with 110,000 miles on it. he says it is en excellent condition. I wanted to get an opinion from others who own this vehicle before purchasing it. Is it a reliable vehicle? I don't have much patience with taking cars to the shop for repairs. I love the truck but I would really like to know about the overall reliability before moving forward.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've got a '10 w/almost 130k.

It's been a good truck. As with anything, maintenance is key. Buying from someone you know if they have taken good care of it is probably a good idea .

Only issues I've had are normal wear and tear items ( brakes, shocks, etc) and exhaust manifold bolts breaking (pretty typical). I replaced the tranny as well (under warranty). If it's been towed with that may be a cause for concern. I don't think the 6L80 can handle that kind of abuse.

I don't pull with it anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just realized you were asking about the EXT. I have an ESV (basically, the same teuck.). I would think that everything I said would be correct for the EST too..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts