Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I understand that these performance chips help this thirtsy truck (10 mpg City and 14 Hwy :confused: ), which do you guys suggest and why ?

Do I need to change anything else for this chp to work such as air intake, etc..?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
No chips anymore, now there are hand held programmers, Preditor or Superchips, personally I like the Preditor better, and I have used both. :)

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Hi everyone,

I understand that these performance chips help this thirtsy truck (10 mpg City and 14 Hwy :confused: ), which do you guys suggest and why ?

Do I need to change anything else for this chp to work such as air intake, etc..?

Thanks in advance.
Between this and your post about getting 15.2 on a staright run, I am thinking something may be wrong with your truck. What that may be, I don't know. Bad O2 sensor is just a guess. But I too would be displeased with your mileage.

I have had a Superchips programmer before (01 Tahoe) and really liked it. It improved performance and slightly increased gas mileage (but I had to use premium). I just don't feel I need it for this truck -it fast enough for me and I am happy with the gas mileage. You also may want to try a K&N drop-in filter. I noticed a .5 MPG increase (or less) with it in my 07 Lade. Also, make sure your tires are properly inflated - that makes a difference too. Check them the old fashioned way, in case your sensors are off.

Good luck!

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've been reading that there's some kind of break in period, I only have 812 miles on my ESV how long does it take ? I'm only doing a bit of research on the chip for fuel efficency nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with my new SUV specially coming from a Rover, the wind noise is really my biggest issue with it. A friend of mine that has an 07 EXT tells me that if I take it to the dealer they have some type of fix ( he hasnt taken it yet ), know anything about what they do?

Regards.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Take a look at the top of this forum. There is a sticky thread with links to the wind noise issue. That will identify for you some of the problems & fixes.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Well I've been reading that there's some kind of break in period, I only have 812 miles on my ESV how long does it take ? I'm only doing a bit of research on the chip for fuel efficency nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with my new SUV specially coming from a Rover, the wind noise is really my biggest issue with it. A friend of mine that has an 07 EXT tells me that if I take it to the dealer they have some type of fix ( he hasnt taken it yet ), know anything about what they do?

Regards.
For between 500-1000 miles you should take it easy, no full throttle, the most important thing is the first few hundred miles is to break the brakes in.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Hey, if all the info was worth $5 to you in saved time, become a supporting member for one month (only 5 bucks)! I have taken much more useful info from this forum than I have supplied, so coughing up five dollars makes me feel better. :)

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
It's all right on the board ("Member Support"), no one needs to email you.

That said, there is no such thing as a chip anymore, just the tuners mentioned, and very possibly a few places able to do custom tunes. Really, it's unlikely one would help you much with mileage, but rather improve the performance further.

You're driving one very heavy, very expensive, very powerful truck, so gas mileage is usually one of the last concerns--however painful in theory.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Didn't know there was a fee to help out. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to contribute.

Regards
No fee. Totally voluntary contributions to help with server updates /costs/etc. You will get help regardless .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts