Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and to the world of Escalades (Love it btw). Hello, All.

The only problem I have is the top speed is limited to 82mph, somehow, and the cruise will not work past 78mph. Very
specific to those speeds.

When I first got the Escalade, I did not have these problems. The "Service suspension system" warning was coming on and after replacing the rear dampeners, the warning was no longer on and the speed issues persisted.

There are no codes set and there are no warnings that come on the DIC. . The truck is stock.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day,

Pete

·
Registered
993 Posts
I believe the top speed is limited from the factory to 106MPH. Maybe your truck was tuned? But usually people who tune it get rid of the limiter.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Do you have the OEM Tires and Rims? Smaller / Bigger Tires / Rims will effect Speedo unless you calibrate it. Maybe prior owner had different rims / tires....

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
What happens when you reach 82mph? It could of possibly been tuned in the past for a teenage son or daughter, not to go too far over the speed limit.

·
Registered
07 Escalade ESV
16 Posts
Sounds like a speed controller is installed, companies install them on vehicles to try to keep drivers from getting tickets on the highway. Take it to the dealer and they would be able to find it and remove it for you. Not sure how much they would charge, but couldn't hurt to stop by and ask.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum and to the world of Escalades (Love it btw). Hello, All.

The only problem I have is the top speed is limited to 82mph, somehow, and the cruise will not work past 78mph. Very
specific to those speeds.

When I first got the Escalade, I did not have these problems. The "Service suspension system" warning was coming on and after replacing the rear dampeners, the warning was no longer on and the speed issues persisted.

There are no codes set and there are no warnings that come on the DIC. . The truck is stock.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day,

Pete
did you ever get this problem fixed i have a 09 Escalade and my truck is having the same problem and wanted to know what the fix is mine won’t go over 80 mph and the same light is on

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
114 Posts
Problems with suspension etc also cause this. You should check all the codes (go to a dealer or use for example obdlink mx+).

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,478 Posts
Have the vehicle scanned at a parts store. They will give you a trouble code printout. Look for a stability system, braking, or suspension fault - they will set trouble codes and speed limiters.

Google "2009 cadillac diagnostic trouble codes" for better code definitions.

Welcome to CF !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts