Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
08 Escalade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 2008 escalade going to be the same as the 07? Just a carryover model?

·
Registered
08 Escalade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you tell me the minor changes please.. i have a 07 escalade thinking about trading it for the 08

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Deletions
-Exterior color (53U) Radiant Bronze
-Exterior color (63U) Red E
-Power liftgate interior strap (power liftgate is standard.
-(PCW) Information Package
-(PCX) Climate Package
-Under hood air filter gauge
-Oil level switch in ol pan (2008i)
-2 additional DVD map updates
-Rubber finger on liftgate pull-down hand cup

New Features
-Exterior color (46U) Stealth Gray

-Exterior color (80U) Infrared. Available at extra charge.

-(PDW) V8 Ultra Luxury Collection (Navigation, Rear Camera, IntelliBeam headlamps, Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Power Release 2nd row seat, 22" Wheels.
-New Key Fob design
-"Dome Off" lettering on lamp controls

Changes
-All rear badging changes to "Escalade" and will be located on the lower right of the liftgate. Side door badging will not change.
-PRNDL LED indicator changes from Green to Red on "D", "N" and "M" designations
-Power liftgate switch graphic changes fron "O" to "OFF"
-Second row bench storage changes to twin cupholders
-Front console, rear Auxiliary Power Outlet (APO) articulating cover/chrome ring will be replaced by non-chrome tether APO cover
-Cubbyhole to the left of the headlamp knob is currently flocked; flocking will be replaced by a rubber mat

All small little year to year detail stuff.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Trade it - keep GM going strong.

Or, in the alternative, buy some fishing line and 3M adhesive if you really like the ESCALADE badge on the right side of the hatch.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
They are taking away more than they are giving, have not decided if I am getting rid of my older 07' for an 08' yet.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
wait... i have a 07 and my rear escalade badge is on the right side :confused:
I heard very late 07 builds moved to the right side - but that would make no sense, as you would be talking about getting rid a vehicle only a few months old. All 07s I have seen have the emblem on the left - you are in the States, right?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Just some info and my thoughts.
If you look at what they did with the 2002 - 2006 models they kept taking things away with each new year production.
Since the 07 I would think that not much Significant will change.
They'll run 4-5 years without any major body style changes.
They may change a few things and Maybe add a few things but doubt anything worth mentioning.
I wanted an 07 for various reasons:
I didn't want to get a DOD model if they were switching to that in 08 or later.
I didn't want the retractable steps or have to look for one without them etc.

Aside from wind noise with mine, .. I have no problems ( knock on wood ) and love the vehicle.
So unless you have an issue with your 07 and have a Significant reason for wanting to get an 08 or 09, you most likely won't see any big reason for trading for a newer year model other than maybe you just want to.

I see many wanting Blue Tooth and things like that, and though they may put them in,... I don't see GM falling over backwards trying to put these things in the vehicle. :thepan:

As Hcvone said,..
they have actually taken away more than they have added to the 08's ,.. so take it from there. :bigroll:

If I had to decide today to trade up,.. I'll keep my 07.
When my Lease is up at the end of 2009 I may think differently depending on what they actually have for 2010 ,..but for now I'll be keeping my 07 and be Happy.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

·
Registered
08 Escalade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard very late 07 builds moved to the right side - but that would make no sense, as you would be talking about getting rid a vehicle only a few months old. All 07s I have seen have the emblem on the left - you are in the States, right?
yeah I'm in the states and I bought it 2006 around this time..

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
VERY interesting (at least to me).

Assuming that truck is not black: What about front Cadillac emblem? Is it black surrounding the emblem itself like on 07s or body colored surround like on the 08s?

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
PLEASE people...it's called a search for a reason. Click the button, type in "2008", and you'd get at least 10 threads where this has been covered...now seemingly everyday.

·
Registered
Cadillac
32 Posts
I keep reading about this Ultra Luxury Collection, and my 2007 Escalade has all of those options. Also, my 2007 has badges on the right side of the tailgate. As far as the Red and Green lights for PRNDM... I haven't checked to see if my truck has that, but I don't care either. It sounds like they are taking some chrome off of the APO which sounds like a downgrade. I also see that the second row "bench" has cupholders or something...my second row are captains seats and there is no bench. In the back there are cupholders for those two seats.

Why would you guys trade in 2007 Escalades for a new key fob?!?! Are you kidding me?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts