Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 has no warning lights that anything is wrong but I've never heard the compressor ever kick on. Even when I hooked up the camper and the rear was sagging. Fuses are fine, it sits level with nothing hitched up. But never recovers if a trailer is attached. Any ideas?

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Compressor and or shocks may be bad, the system doesn't always show warnings when its broken

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Im in the same boat. Never heard the compressor, rear sags when car trailer hooked up, no error message, rear shocks dont look oily. Did new shocks help you?

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
Escalades don't have struts - later models have two different types of electronically controlled shocks with the rear shocks also having air bags for load leveling. Arnott rear air shocks are NOT rebuilt, are NOT new and are used, well worn shocks with new air bags added. If you really want used shocks, just go to a junk yard which is were most Arnott shocks come from, or from owners who send in their worn out shocks as cores. Good quality NEW shocks are available from many sources and the OEM shocks can be had online for very decent prices.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
If you like it you should have put a spring on it...... If you like it you should have put a spring on it...... And hence they call it a Strut. Nothing more than a shock with a Spring on it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts