Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wohooo...

Don't know how many of you have your 2009 Map DVDs backordered, but I noticed a charge on my Amex today from GM Nav Disc...

Checked the status and it looks like the 2009 DVD's for the 08 Escalades have finally shipped.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Wohooo...

Don't know how many of you have your 2009 Map DVDs backordered, but I noticed a charge on my Amex today from GM Nav Disc...

Checked the status and it looks like the 2009 DVD's for the 08 Escalades have finally shipped.

You will like the upgrade.
It has several enhancements from the 2008 disk.

Be ready for a 3 or 4 minute "UPDATING FIRMWARE" wait, when you first put it in.

DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION when it is updating.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
813 Posts
Wohooo...

Do you know what the ver. is ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately 08 drives don't get a freebie...

When I get the DVD, I'll post the version...

So just curious, I know that when I pop it in it will do a firmware update.

Is this for the whole nav system like the "Limit features when driving" thread discusses, or is this flashing a different firmware in the device?

Anyone know how these get shipped? I check my order status and it has a "DGL" tracking number. Tried checking DHL incase of a typo but it didn't register.

I'm curious when it will show up.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Unfortunately 08 drives don't get a freebie...

When I get the DVD, I'll post the version...

So just curious, I know that when I pop it in it will do a firmware update.

Is this for the whole nav system like the "Limit features when driving" thread discusses, or is this flashing a different firmware in the device?

Anyone know how these get shipped? I check my order status and it has a "DGL" tracking number. Tried checking DHL incase of a typo but it didn't register.

I'm curious when it will show up.

Mine came in the US mail.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got mine yesterday via Canada Post...

Popped it in, loaded the maps. The dealership updated my firmware a couple months ago so thats why I think it didn't require one...

I'm just mad the Caddy logo isn't on the new CD :(
haha

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
I wasn't aware that 2007 escalade owners got an updated disc for free. How exactly can I "claim" my freebie since I have an 07? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
Here ya go https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do"]https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do

YOU GET 1 + 2 FREE (each year). Dont pay for one if you're entitled to free ones!!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
I went to the website SuperJim gave me but it says I would have to pay $199 for the disc and $99 for something else(?). I was under the impression I could get it for free since I have an 07 Ext?

·
Registered
07 Escalade AWD
25 Posts
I'm in the same scenario:

Year: 2007
Make: CADILLAC
Model: ESCALADE ESV

The following discs are available for your navigation system.

Navigation Disc Part No. Price Quantity
2009 NA ESCALADE/LAMBDA/THETA
North America
The disc is currently back ordered 25956691 $199.00
SALE! 15878293 2007 ESCALADE
North America 15878293 $99.00

Add Items to Cart

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
76 Posts
Call the number listed on the web site (877-628-3472) and talk to a person. Provide your VIN and they can confirm the status and place the order if you have a free copy coming. I just received the free 2009 version (25956691) for my 07 EXT (took 3 months to process). I believe that the person I talked to mentioned that I have another free upgrade coming. We will see when I try to order the 2010 version this fall.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
76 Posts
I believe that I was told that the 07's get 2 free upgrades. Call to confirm your status is the surest way to find out.

·
Registered
Escalade
29 Posts
I just called and the young lady said I was due a free upgrade disk for my 2007 and the next time I will have to pay for it.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I believe that I was told that the 07's get 2 free upgrades. Call to confirm your status is the surest way to find out.
You are correct, received 2nd sets for both 07's, never see that again. :(

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I got the 08' and then the 09', I am pretty sure you can go right to 09'

1 - 20 of 38 Posts