Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My Escalade has never been serviced (except new brakes and routine oil) and I'm at 69k miles. Is there anything critical I need to get done? Car drives fine (knock on wood)

Should I have the dealership flush out liquids?

I would really appreciate advice, because the dealership says I need every fluid flushed for $800+
Tranny Fluid flush
Radiator flush
Rear Differential flush
Etc.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,283 Posts
Only oil and tranny, the tranny cost 200$ at jiffy lube because the change the filter. You don't need to do anything else. You can do the throttle body I paid 75$ to do it. 700-800 is not needed. I have 135k and a 2008 and I never did the radiator your suppose to do that at 150k and the differential you don't need to really ever do that.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
I'd do both diffs and the transfer case, if AWD. The front goes bad quick, it only holds 2qts max. I changed mine twice already, and I only have 28k miles. It looked like milk coming out of my front diff both times.

·
Registered
2008 escalade
4 Posts
Just had my trans. flushed at 50,000. Brought it home and the trans.cooler lines were leaking. Had to have the lines changed at a cost of 450.00.
I know they must have used to much pressure. Just get the fluid changed

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Hi Guys,
My Escalade has never been serviced (except new brakes and routine oil) and I'm at 69k miles. Is there anything critical I need to get done? Car drives fine (knock on wood)

Should I have the dealership flush out liquids?

I would really appreciate advice, because the dealership says I need every fluid flushed for $800+
Tranny Fluid flush
Radiator flush
Rear Differential flush
Etc.
You can do all the flushes yourself and save a TON of money. There's a video on all those flushes online. Just look up any of the full size GM trucks/suv's and you can do the same to your truck. I did all the flushes last year and it cost me around $200 for all the fluids and a couple hours of my time. Someone said not to ever change out the differential and THAT'S NOT TRUE. First, there are two differentials (front and rear). Second, like any geared machinery the oil will break down and it will not operate at it's best. It's so cheap and easy to change your differential fluids it wouldn't be smart to ignore it. Good luck.

I paid $570 to get my 2 oil cooler lines replaced. All labor basically.
Ouch, I just had my two lines replaced at a caddy dealer for $240.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade Premium
172 Posts
To OP- while we're on the subject of trans cooler lines, check yours. They have a tendency to start leaking. You'll see fluid on the top of the skid plate if they're leaking. Both of my GMT 900s (Escalade and Silverado) started leaking. Both at around 45k miles. Luckily (for me) I sold the Silverado to my dad before it started leaking ;) I had the lines on the Escalade fixed for cheap. I'm pretty sure it was sub $150. I had a mechanic friend do it. I didn't realize how cheap that was until now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts