Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS [] 2008 Cadillac DTS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new Camshaft sensor for a P0340 code, and noticed the check engine light came back for the same code... Does it need time to relearn? Has anyone else had a similar experience...

Thanks,

·
Registered
742 Posts
You could have a wiring problem. Do you have smart scanner to watch the data from the Camshaft sensor. Camshaft sensor doesn’t need to be learned.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could have a wiring problem. Do you have smart scanner to watch the data from the Camshaft sensor. Camshaft sensor doesn’t need to be learned.
View attachment 576742
I do not have a scanner, but I did replace the part with a cheap Chinese made one that actually caused starting the car to be worse. Im actually going to a pick your part to get a new front bumper, since im there I might just pull a sensor there and see if it works, and if it doesn't that will be my next point of attack. Thanks for the information

·
2008 DTS
112 Posts
I had all kinds of lights on when I had the rear valve cover gasket replaced on my 08.Camshaft being one of them.Turns out they snipped some wire back there that caused all the havoc.They fixed it and all is well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had all kinds of lights on when I had the rear valve cover gasket replaced on my 08.Camshaft being one of them.Turns out they snipped some wire back there that caused all the havoc.They fixed it and all is well.
Same thing happened to me, my Camshaft cable got screwed under a nut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts