Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS DI FE3
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and test drove the new CTS this weekend. I have to say it was a great ride. One of the things I noticed was that the steering wheel seemed smaller, is this an optical illusion? Also, the stitching is totally differen from any other GM car that I've driven lately. It was a very cool pattern that looked very nice. I have to say, they really did pay attention to the details in the car. The only part that felt somewhat cheep was the trays at the bottom of the door but how often are you playing with that. I loved the car and can't wait to get one.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
I just measured the steering wheels in my '04 CTS and our new '08 CTS. The steering wheel is, in fact, about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter. Approximately 15.25 inches on the '04 and 14.75 inches on the '08. Both are the leather wrapped wheels.

:cheers:

·
Registered
09 CTS DI FE3
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just measured the steering wheels in my '04 CTS and our new '08 CTS. The steering wheel is, in fact, about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter. Approximately 15.25 inches on the '04 and 14.75 inches on the '08. Both are the leather wrapped wheels.

:cheers:
Good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I went and test drove the new CTS this weekend. I have to say it was a great ride. One of the things I noticed was that the steering wheel seemed smaller, is this an optical illusion? Also, the stitching is totally differen from any other GM car that I've driven lately. It was a very cool pattern that looked very nice. I have to say, they really did pay attention to the details in the car. The only part that felt somewhat cheep was the trays at the bottom of the door but how often are you playing with that. I loved the car and can't wait to get one.
I use them regularly to store old hamburgers.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
personally i didnt like the steering wheel on the 08' when i got to test the biatch last saturday... its kind of gooffy looking. The only improvment is tha wavy wood part on the back of the steering wheel that fits right into the hand and gives u a good grip. Also didnt like the volume control buttons the wheel on 03-07 models is easier to use(or maybe u just have to get used to it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts