Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS4 AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I have been considering buying an 08' cts for the last 4 months. I really think the car is the total package and has everything im looking for in a car.

All that being said, I have found a CTS in my price range locally that I most likely will be buying Monday. I have a few things that I am not certain about tho.

The CTS is AWD and has the 3.6 DI engine. Doesnt the DI mean it puts out a little over 300HP? I read in a few spots that the CTS's with AWD only come with the base engine that puts out the 258HP. If thats the case, then why does this CTS have AWD and the DI engine?

Also, this CTS has the AWD, DI engine, Navigation, but doesn't have fog lights or the 18" alloy wheels.

This is all confusing me... I would think that a CTS with the Nav, AWD, and DI engine would have the fog lights and alloy wheels.

If anyone could help me out with answering some of my questions, I would really apreciate it.

I look forward to becoming part of the Cadillac family. Thanks in advance!

-Matt

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
I own a CTS equipped exactly like the one you are looking at. I believe early on, before the CTS officially began production, word was that the AWD could not be had with the DI engine. However, this was not the case, and both engines were available at some point in the 2008 model year with AWD.

2008 models were sold as "1SA" (3.6 non-DI) and "1SB" (3.6DI). That was the first choice you had to make, and almost all of the options after that could be had on both models (including AWD). The fog lights and larger wheels came with the performance package option, which my car and the one you're looking at do not have. There are two different types of 17" wheels (though the difference is very minor), fully painted, and machine faced. The machine faced have a more brilliant and reflective finish on the faces of the spokes. Given the way the car you're looking at is optioned, I bet it has machine faced. As I said the difference is minor though.

The good thing is that on the AWD models, the only differences in the suspension itself between the base and performance packages is the size of the wheels and open vs. limited slip differential. If you look at other specs for the suspension on the AWD there are no other differences.

Good luck with the new car purchase!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS4 AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys, all the info you provided is very helpful. I am very excited to go get my car Monday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts