Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
None listed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,
Just bought a used 08CTS. Everything in the front end is tight, ball joints, cv joints, tierods. When turning left real sharp and starting to accelerate it feel like the front left tire is bucking almost like its slipping (shifting right or left). Everything is tight. Could it be a half shaft or something. Any idea? Only happens at real slow speeds and sharp turns.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,670 Posts
Re: 08 Cadillac CTS front end

Good afternoon,

Your question has been moved from Site Registration Problems to what appears to be the correct CTS forum. Please update your profile so that your login banner looks like most others. It sure helps a member, offering advice, to see what he's working on at a glance.

Welcome to CF !!!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,852 Posts
Re: 08 Cadillac CTS front end

AWD or RWD car?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,852 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,108 Posts
My car had this exact symptom. It was bad lower control arm bushings. The front bushings, specifically. Allowed the arm to move in and outboard under pressure. Very easy to diagnose with the car in the air. Put big pry bar behind arm, pry out with force against chassis pocket. Should be only SLIGHT flex because of the rubber. Mine had at least 1/2". Compare with the back bushing for what it should feel like.

Bad news: you can't just change the bushings. The complete arm is the solution. Dorman makes them, or OEM GM. I went with GM. Actually finished the job this morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts