Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8 black ('69 gto conv)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am picking up a 2008 SRX tomorrow with factory NAV/Bose. In a perfect world I would keep that head unit and have the ability to use an iphone: music, video, bluetooth (plus watch video on the head unit).

I have found some lockpick interfaces, but so far no video-in-motion or iphone video integration.

Best option I have found is moving to a Kenwood Excelon series paired with an interface to keep the steering wheel controls/door chimes/on star.

Any ideas on video integration into the factory head unit or experience keeping the factory bose amps/speakers with an aftermarket head unit? Do I lose any of the DIC status updates: tire pressue, oil etc?

Thank you,

Dan

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8 black ('69 gto conv)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a combination of an iPod/Bluetooth interface and a nav video converter with the stock nav system unless I get better direction.

·
Registered
SRX
27 Posts
If you swap out to a different head unit you will lose everything. Without the dic you wont know any status. Of your vehicle. But I found a solution.

·
Registered
2007 SRX
95 Posts
I put a kenwood head unit (I believe the same one you're talking about)in an 07 w/o nav and did not lose DIC. I lost my blinker chimes but crutchfield had thrown in a "chime module" that restored it.

Do a search on my name and you'll see my thread on it.

·
Registered
2007 SRX
6 Posts
Strykr14 when you say you retained the DIC Im talking about the milage and tire pressures on the radio right? Or are you talking about the infomation center on the dash?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts