Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Every year they keep getting better, I have an 08' on order, will trade one of my 07' in on it. Delivery should be late Aug. :) You can get some great deals on 07's now.

·
Registered
2015 or 2016 coming soon
72 Posts
Every year they keep getting better, I have an 08' on order, will trade one of my 07' in on it. Delivery should be late Aug. :) You can get some great deals on 07's now.
I hope so, placed my order today for an 08. After reading and waiting and now waiting again . . .

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
I am going to wait and get the 08 when they hit the ground. Price should be close to the 07 if you do your homework. Unless they put out some huge rebate for the 07 I will just take the 08.

·
Registered
2015 or 2016 coming soon
72 Posts
Where are you reading of these improvements?
I have read little on the 08's as they are just now coming out for sale. I trust that after a full year GM has it down by now. Of the known issues most have been fixed by now on the 07, so unless you want the 08 you can find some late production 07's. In looking I see some dealers on AutoFinder that have 40+ 07's on the lot. I just did not want to but a car that is a year old when get and as I said, you would hope the production is better now that at the start of the run.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I am going to wait and get the 08 when they hit the ground. Price should be close to the 07 if you do your homework. Unless they put out some huge rebate for the 07 I will just take the 08.
I saw a local dealer yesterday and they were offering 10k off 07's, although I believe it was just one truck, heading by there today and will check it out. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just got my 07 5 days ago. I got 9K knocked off the orginal price. They were asking for 63K and i got it brought down to 54K. They actually had 6200 off the sticker price and offered me 57K for it but i talked a lil longer and got them to knock it down another 3K to make it 54K so it was a great deal.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
635 Posts
So are you going with the white diamond and black again? Also are you going with the hybrid this time, since that'll be new for 08? You must have a hella nice wife to let you get escalades the way you do!

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
i just got my 07 5 days ago. I got 9K knocked off the orginal price. They were asking for 63K and i got it brought down to 54K. They actually had 6200 off the sticker price and offered me 57K for it but i talked a lil longer and got them to knock it down another 3K to make it 54K so it was a great deal.

was 64k the msrp price? or OTD w/TTL?

just wondering what people are paying OTD with which options

54k OTD or 54k +TTL?

back to the topic,
i believe the changes from 07-08 are minor. i saw a blue 08 escalade and the msrp seemed to be higher than the 07's. dealer would not give me a better deal on the 07's because he says theres nothing different.

so im guessing the "08 hybrids" will actually be mid year 2008, produced as 2009 models.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
So are you going with the white diamond and black again? Also are you going with the hybrid this time, since that'll be new for 08? You must have a hella nice wife to let you get escalades the way you do!
Of course the colors will be d white with black interior ;) No hybrid yet, going to let other has the fun (and problems), will look at one next year. Wife does not care if she drove a dump truck, doesn't like cars, doesn't take care of cars, that is why our relationship works so well ;) Got her a few years back a new 740i BMW, didn't like it, next got her a SL500 Benz, didn't like it, got her a XJ8L Jag, didn't like (still stuck with that) ask her want she wanted, rather than keep wasting my money by bringing different cars home, she wanted and is driving now a Chrysler Sebring convertible, and not a new one either, it not allowed in the garage. :(

·
Registered
Cadillac
32 Posts
I have been reading all of the "08" posts, and it seems that there are no differences between my late model 2007 Escalade and the new 2008 model. As I stated on some other threads, my 07 has badges on the right side of tailgate, it has the -(PDW) V8 Ultra Luxury Collection (Navigation, Rear Camera, IntelliBeam headlamps, Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Power Release 2nd row seat, 22" Wheels. This is supposedly a change for 2008 (but my 2007 model has every single one of these options). What is weird is that I have the rubberized grip behind the power tailgate lift with no strap (which is supposed to be a deletion in 2008, not 2007). I also have the Escalade badges on the right side of the tailgate (supposed to be a change for 2008).

Basically, I got an 07 fully loaded ($67,155 sticker) black on black brand new short body for over $7,000 off sticker and they offered 0% financing for 3 years. If you are considering buying an 2007 or 2008, I would recommend getting a sweet deal on a late model 2007 truck rather than getting a 2008 model for full price. I guess if you are into the new re-designed Key Fob, then by all means, spend the extra $5,000-$7,000 for the newer model... maybe you will get a little more when you trade it in or sell it in a few years, but probably not as much as you can save on an 07.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts