Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve come across a 2007 STS-V never titled that’s being sold as used (new car miles). They told me it was a MSO car possibly used in a show. Carfax confirms never been titled and it was a manufacture’s car sold at auction. The price is right and I would guess there’s probably still some room but I’m wondering why it can’t be sold as new. I always thought that if a car was never title it could be sold as new. The sticking point for me is GM has some great lease and finance programs for new 2007’s which would be a great benefit.

Can any shed some light on this? Thanks!!!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
sometimes GM will title thier PEP cars....happened with mine.....

F

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Yup! my 2006 was the same thing. it was a MSO car and the title proves it. Best thing here is you can have a new car BUT you get to add a 100k warrenty on to it since it is technically used. I checked and mine was never titled but it have confirmed I do have the 100k warrenty. You can't get that on a new one from the dealer. DO IT..............

·
Registered
146 Posts
When a car is sold at auction it gets no rebates or incentives. We sell over 100 MSO used cars per year. GM gives me the discount when I purchase the car. If you want to use GM card or the rebates you will have to pay new car money, if you get the used car price you will not get the new car rebates.

If the car is on MSO you do get a tax savings if you have a trade in.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
When a car is sold at auction it gets no rebates or incentives. We sell over 100 MSO used cars per year. GM gives me the discount when I purchase the car. If you want to use GM card or the rebates you will have to pay new car money, if you get the used car price you will not get the new car rebates.

If the car is on MSO you do get a tax savings if you have a trade in.
Don't forget the Caddillac 100k mile warranty as another benny on a MSO car.:highfive:

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I saw a Buick Lucerne (show car), and it had a $42,000 sticker on it from factory. Dealer/owner told me it was the most expensive MSRP in the country. Had all kinds of extras on it that Buick normally does not have, including HUD, super radio, and I don't know what else. I could have bought it for about $30k. Wish I had the money. Dark Gray color--stealth??

Then again, I could buy a Caddy (show car) for that kind of money.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Thanks, still have the CTS-V I am not sure what I am going to do with it. 74,000 miles
I had just over 75K on my CTS-V clock when I bailed...it was starting to show its age....
As for what to do....sell it. :yup:

F

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I was thinking of using it through the winter and selling in the spring.

BTW have you heard from Corsa?
Ive been in contact a few times....Jim told me to contact him after his family vacation, end of this month. Well know then.

F

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Another CTS-V guy jumping in, nice. Welcome hd.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
2 Posts
I purchased my '07 STS-V from the Cadillac dealer as "Brass Hat", because it was in the Sacramento Int'l Auto Show. It was still new, only 70 miles, never titled. The thing with mine was the warranty started at the show. Did not bother me, since my wife is a Cadillac warranty administrator, but they did knock off nearly $10K.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts