Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX v6 AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 07 SRX and it needs the transmission fluid changed. Now everything I've read says no dipstick, tranny has fill and drain plugs, blahblah blah...except no drain plug. Ya, mine has no drain plug. Is this an oddity or ???. Also deep pan or shallow pan? How do I know which one I have? Makes getting a filter a little easier. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
708 Posts
Perhaps they cost reduced the drain plug outta there in later years?
For sure my 04 has one.
Rockauto says this is the filter kit you need: ACDELCO 96042545

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
967 Posts
Yes on the no dipstick. A WIX 58545 also fit my 07. I think the main difference the ACD may come with new drain and fill plugs. The WIX didn't. Have you looked at your pan to confirm no drain? My 07 has a drain. Both drain and fill take TORX head to remove. Wasn't aware of two options on shallow and deep pans on the SRX. Do suggest reading up on the procedure. The fill plug is conveniently located next to the exhaust pipe. The engine must be running to get the last 2-3 qts into the transmission.

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
297 Posts
If you don't have drain plug, but a pan with drain :

He look différents the 04 pan :

Check this thread :
You need to be careful when you remove the pan, many oil stay inside !

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
297 Posts
Yes on the no dipstick. [...] Do suggest reading up on the procedure. The fill plug is conveniently located next to the exhaust pipe. The engine must be running to get the last 2-3 qts into the transmission.
Yes, why engineers had make this mistake ? All the others filter, drain/fill plug are accessible simply !
For replace the fill plug, i have use leather gloves (thermic protection).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts