Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 07 RWD Deville

HotRodSaint said:
Haven't seen any news about an AWD Deville. Where's that link at?

sorry didnt mean to confuse you, the link i put up was the same as yours i put it in general discussion, as far as AWD Deville it was just wishful thinking on my part

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
the STS will be built on the Sigma platform that the SRX is on so maybe a AWD of that is more likely

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Katshot said:
It's actually HIGHLY likely I'd say. I also figure the same for the Vette eventually.

i would have to disagree on the vette..not sure the chassis is designed for it(c5 definitely not), also i dont see the market for it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
AWD vette is definitely not going to happen. The C5, C6, and XLR are all basically the same chassis, and it's definitely not capable of being AWD. It also wouldn't fly with mainstream vette enthusiasts, who seem to want more bare bones performance, and fewer niceties like AWD. It's been very heavily discussed at www.corvetteforum.com, and the general consensus seems to be that it won't happen, and that most (but not all) vette owners think that's a good thing. I think anything on the sigma platform (SRX, STS, CTS and possibly DTS) would be capable of running AWD, although we have to onsider what the weight penalties would be. The AWD SRX is 4400 lbs. Audi makes a sweet all wheel drive full sized sedan in the form of the A8. But to keep weight reasonable (4200 lbs) they had to make it from aluminum. I'd like to see AWD as an option on any or all of those cars even though. Especially the V types. Imagine a high output northstar coupled to a really sweet awd system. Talk about fun!

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
LymanSS