Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this question has been asked before, but I want to be sure.
I already reached 5000 miles on my truck and the oil life indicator is showing 0%, I have the Mobile 1 oil for the change but I do not have the oil filter that u guys were talking about " the Mobile 1 and the Amsoil filters ", the guys here in Romania have the regular oil filters for the oil change, but I do not want to fit the regular filter. like in 2 weeks time I am going to have the Amsoil filters , SO MY QUESTION IS " CAN I STILL DRIVE MY TRUCK FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS TILL I CHANGE MY OIL AND FILTER , OR SHOLUD I CHANGE IT RIGHT NOW AND DRIVE THE TRUCK NO MORE TILL AFTER I DO THE OIL CHANGE., WILL I CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE OR AM I TAKING CHANCES OR WHAT ? "

And is the Amsoil filter item # is this one : EA047 and which one is the Mobile 1 oil filter item #, couldn't find it.

THANKS in advance for your info.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Re: 07 Oil Chnage Question

When it hits 0% you supposedly have 2 gas fillups left before changing the oil.
But, If you're at 0% I would change the oil and filter Now, regardless of the oil Filter.
A regular filter is not going to hurt anything and most important you'll have fresh oil.
You can put the Special oil Filter on when it arrives and then top off your oil level. :)

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Are you saying that I can make the oil change with a regular filter and when I get the other filter I can just change it without changing the oil, but I will just lose a little quantity of oil which I will have to complete.
So I will not be obliged to change all the engine oil, NO !!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts

Are you saying that I can make the oil change with a regular filter and when I get the other filter I can just change it without changing the oil, but I will just lose a little quantity of oil which I will have to complete.
So I will not be obliged to change all the engine oil, NO !!
Yes,.. That is correct. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
06 CTS-V (sold)
680 Posts
I agree with Dif. I'd change the oil and filter now, then change just the filter in a few weeks. Ensure you top off the oil after replacing the filter as you'll lose a little in the exchange. If the oil filter points straight up on the 6.2L as it does on other GM motors, I always pre-fill my filters by pouring new oil into them before screwing them onto the motor. This help a little.

And, for the 6.2L motor, the EAO47 is the correct AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter for the motor. :cheers:

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have a few cases of the EAO47's myself. ;) As said change your oil and filter NOW, the first change is the most important, I always change my oil the first time at 500-1000 miles, if you can not find a "good" filter you want you can get, just change it sooner and get a good filter or two so you have them on hand. :)

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did change the oil and filter , had a lot of problems to get the filter, I found it in the end , an AC Delco PF48. cost 35 $.
and in 2 weeks time I'll be in New York and I will get the Amsoil filter and will put it later on.
Do you know what type of air filter is better than the stock one and what is the item number.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Regular oil changes can keep those engines running forever. Some mechanics recommend changing oil & filter around 3000 miles, even with synthetic.

Cheap insurance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts