Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so as many others have posted before me about this exact issue, it seems I have stumbled upon an additional symptom/resolution. Most people I have read about say that they disconnect their battery cable and then it will start up. I did that the first few times it happened to me and it seemed to work but then one day after hopping into my truck and me turning the key to the start position with nothing happening, I got frustrated. I hadn't closed my door yet and out of frustration I slammed it while I still had the key turned to the start position and guess what.... it started cranking over and fired right up.... I thought that maybe it was a coincidence but the next time I had the no crank thing happen to me, I opened my door and shut it while trying to start the truck and it cranked and fired like normal. Every time since finding this little trick out it has worked to start it when the problem arises.

Now being a wire chaser on aircraft for the last 15 years I am pretty savvy when it comes to wiring issues so this points to a loose connection of some sort but I haven't had the time to chase said loose connection down yet. When I find the problem you can be sure that I will be posting it here.

·
Registered
2008 ESV
25 Posts
Well, I have discovered independently the same temporary solution out of frustration :mad2: it worked 9 months till now but with wet weather and probable physics of the source (shorting wire or connection somewhere) all come to end that it does not work anymore and I have to get to the bottom of it as I refuse to be robbed by stealership. Having few more issues - door actuators, cruise control module (replaced already once), one running board misbehaving, tailgate inconsistent operation - sometimes flawless next time screeching and refusing to move, parasitic draw somewhere, front seats AC/heating. I have read all posts and relevant TB's and it come to the time to get dirty..
Would be helpful if ejohns4653 published his findings if any so I can eliminate duplicate effort. In my case Caddy was working great for over 200.000 mi and having some experience from caddies from 1990's they been always great cars plagued with electrical gremlins. I firmly believe that GM actually likes it that way as they know that mechanical issues can be addressed by most backyard mechanics but for computer and wiring issues average person is stuck with the dealer.
I encourage anyone to watch this video - different issue same topic to understand how the real world works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfbbF3oxf-E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts