Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
07 Cadillac EXT
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i am waiting for my shop to get my HID fogs in. At first glance my guy said they were 9005's, now he says they are a strange bulb. I usualy check the Sylvania site but last time i checked it didnt have the 07 on it.

The shop has been real busy and I am wondering if thier just takin me for a ride because they keep forgettin. i would figure , being a very popular gm ,it would be a standard bulb.

thanks guys,
NH

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The 07's take a 9145 bulb (H10) which is very close to the 9005, and many people use the 9005 HID kits, but there are several HID kits for the 9145 bulbs, do a search on the internet, and E-Bay as well.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
CadillacGrillz what intensity/power did you use to match the HID color of the headlights ?
thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Hello,

Not really smart when it comes to this so bear with me... CadillacGrillz is you purchased the 9005 HID kit for your fog lights. Or do I purchase the 8000k mcculloch kit.... Thanks for you help...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Hello,

Not really smart when it comes to this so bear with me... CadillacGrillz is you purchased the 9005 HID kit for your fog lights. Or do I purchase the 8000k mcculloch kit.... Thanks for you help...
Sorry to intervine, but the 9005 is the type of the Bulb but you have to modify it a little bit, but the actuall bulb is a " 9145 " or an " H10 " which are both the same.
And the 8000k is the intensity of the light.
So you need to get a Mcculloch kit with a " 9145 (H10) " bulb and with an intensity of 8000k or less.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac EXT
4 Posts
Sorry to intervine, but the 9005 is the type of the Bulb but you have to modify it a little bit, but the actuall bulb is a " 9145 " or an " H10 " which are both the same.
And the 8000k is the intensity of the light.
So you need to get a Mcculloch kit with a " 9145 (H10) " bulb and with an intensity of 8000k or less.

Im sorry, but I am still confused slightly. I really want the best match possible...and from the pics of cadlliac grilz...that match looks good. So I need to buy exactly what?

1. blubs, a kit, and then get installed? what exact blubs do I need and kit?

Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)
283 Posts
Im sorry, but I am still confused slightly. I really want the best match possible...and from the pics of cadlliac grilz...that match looks good. So I need to buy exactly what?

1. blubs, a kit, and then get installed? what exact blubs do I need and kit?

Thanks so much in advance.
To get a exact match...use the McCulloch kit with the 5300k bulb. It will be spot on. If you need a link...let me know.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
46 Posts
So......Sorry to be a Newb but can I just buy 9145 bulbs on eBay to get the matching LOOK to my HID'S?? Or do i have to do an actual HID kit??

If I can just buy bulbs, anyone buy any? Which have lasted?? I buy PIAA 3157's for my DRL'S on my H2, but they only last a few months!!!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You can not match halogen bulbs with the color of HID and get a close match, bulb replacement is pretty cheap, you can get Sylvania SilverStars for $40.00, there are other bulbs but you have to watch some of the blue bulbs, they do not give you much light output. HID kits will cost you 175 and up. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
373 Posts
Make sure you buy a kit with a Relay Harness. Don't buy a cheap china kit with no relays. The factory colour tempurature of the escalade is 4300K. The only time they look 'blue' is because of light refraction of the factory ionic ball housing. You see some blue at the cutoff. I swapped my low beam 4300K D1s for 5000K d1s, and also ordered a 5000K H10(9145) HID kit WITH relay harness. They match very close, but remember that hid housing and halogen housing make the light react differently; which will produce a variance in colour. Also the colour temp of cheap kits is not an exact science; so buyer beware.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
46 Posts
Okay...Thanks, but are 9145 bulbs the right ones? I'm not planning on an HID setup. Just want something not as yellow as OEM!!

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
373 Posts
Not sure about the kits in the link posted above; as i have never used one, but from the looks of it they do not include a relay harness.

I recommend www.xenondepot.com; the kits there are $225 and have the harness:

"This product will include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock wiring harness than it was designed to provide. "

mb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts