Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help battery just started these problem going dead but took it to go get the battery checked they said it was good i give it a boost and its good it starts by itself afer that but in the morning needs a boost again thanks for your help

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
As said if you still have the stock Delco get rid of it and your problems will be over, Escalade's are tough on batteries to start with, and the factory battery is average at best

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
If my truck was not leased, I would absolutely get a new non-DELCO battery. Delcos failed within the first 1.5 years on my prior 06 SRX, 07 Lade, and after 2.5 years on our 01 SLS. All replaced under warrantee, so that is why I have not looked at different battery manufacturers....yet.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Another battery problem related post...shocking! (not)

hcvone's thread about the dual battery conversion should be a sticky at this point, no?

I'd post a link to it right now but I'm having trouble finding his dual battery DIY instructions. Very cool, very thorough...

·
Registered
escalade
42 Posts
i was having this problem and took my lade to cadillac. my truck died once and the radio date and time kept reseting. took it to cadillac and they redid all the grounds. now i havent had any problems...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I would have it checked for sure, but I can tell you after 30 plus new GM cars/trucks I very rarely get more than two years out of a stock Delco battery

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts

hcvone's thread about the dual battery conversion should be a sticky at this point, no?

I'd post a link to it right now but I'm having trouble finding his dual battery DIY instructions. Very cool, very thorough...
I will find it and put a sticky on it. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

did u find the link

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
481 Posts
My 07 ESV had similar issues. The dealer warranteed it so it was free. they also said 07 builds didnt get a strong enogh battery. The new one has more cold cranking amps.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My 07 ESV had similar issues. The dealer warranteed it so it was free. they also said 07 builds didnt get a strong enogh battery. The new one has more cold cranking amps.
My 09' has the same battery as my 07's came with, I know because I pulled it out and replaced it last week when I put the dual batteries in. :crying::banghead::bomb:

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
they also said 07 builds didnt get a strong enogh battery. The new one has more cold cranking amps.
I don't think that is accurate. When they replaced my 07 battery in late 08, it was an identical replacement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts