Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys seems I cannot catch a break on this truck this week.i have an 07 ESV with 80 k miles. So last night I started driving the truck was sitting for a week and noticed a howling noise at 40 to 50 mph. Not grinding or rubbing. Although it does seem a to have a wierd vibration ay higher speeds not sure if it's related. That might be maybe ice buildup on rims. Thought it might be the grill not seated right after the headlight job, all seems to be tight.

Could this be the dreaded front diff bearing issue? Had all fluids changed by dealer at 50k miles.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Is it coming from near any doors or the passenger side door ??

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feels like it coming from the front drivers side. The vibration can be felt thru the seats and steering. Mainly at 65 and up. A few days ago this truck rode great no issues.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys did some additional investigation. Looks like the passenger wheel bearing is toast.. holding the wheel at the 12 and 6 position the wheel moved 1/8th inch or better. The driver side may not have been too far off from failing also. Just wondering if rear should be changed also as a preventative measure?

Took both sides off last night. Was not too hard. About 30 min per side after cleaning etc.

Will report back after all is put back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts