Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is my first post and want to welcome myself.
I've pretty much been in the market for an SUV these last few months and finally narrowed it down to an 07-08 Escalade, Tahoe or Denali. I test drove an Escalade yesterday and fell in love with it. Now the one I was looking at is an 07 with 20k miles, comes with Nav, 22" wheels, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel and every other possible option. The dealer was asking pretty much 43k which I thought was a bit high but I maybe wrong. What do you think a reasonable price for such vehicle should be? Im in New York and if anyone can assist me with getting a better deal if possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. :) It's a funny thing right now but these trucks used have gone up in price the last month or so, I have been seeing this on trades at different delaerships on my trucks. 43k is a little on the high side, I will sell you my 07' with under 12k miles on it for less than that, and there is not a cleaner truck out there, it's my business ;) A few months back I have seen them go from 30k for high mileage trucks, to 35k for low mileage trucks, but as I found out when the dealers started offering me closer to 40k where as 3 months earlier they were offering me 35k

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts
Does seem high. If my lease was up, I would jump on hcvone's, really.

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum. :) It's a funny thing right now but these trucks used have gone up in price the last month or so, I have been seeing this on trades at different delaerships on my trucks. 43k is a little on the high side, I will sell you my 07' with under 12k miles on it for less than that, and there is not a cleaner truck out there, it's my business ;) A few months back I have seen them go from 30k for high mileage trucks, to 35k for low mileage trucks, but as I found out when the dealers started offering me closer to 40k where as 3 months earlier they were offering me 35k

Can you give me some info on your car?
Color, options, etc.
thanks

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Diamond White
Black interior (Ebony)
Nav
22" factory chrome wheels (can have stock chrome 18's with Revo's)
Sunroof
heated & cooled front seats
2nd row power seat release
Engine block heater
Heated steering wheel
Rear camera
Intellibeam
Dual batteries (Police Tahoe option)
Hotchkis sway bars front and rear (have stock ones)
B&B cat back exhaust (have stock and can reinstall)
Volant air cleaner system (have stock system can reinstall)
Driver and passenger tinted to match rear stock tint (can remove)
Chrome tow hooks
11,300 miles, you can see the truck on my web site at www.hcvind.com , there are many pixs, truck is perfect

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts
Just so you know, this thread is killing me. I want that truck!

·
Registered
2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)
283 Posts
If your interested in an black/black late model 07 (has the 08 changes) with 12k miles, fully loaded less power boards with 22's, NAV-rear camera, heated/cooled seats with heated wheel, power second row seats, tint, Xenon fogs, Viper Paging alarm (a must) and flaps...I can beat the $43k as well. Let me know @ [email protected]

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
40k, if you want it with 24's we can work something out, have a custom set of one off wheels. ;)
thats not a bad deal.
I'll let you know in a few days what I will be doing. Still working out pricing with the dealer. If they dont budge then off to option number 2.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Black Ultra Luxury AWD
24 Posts
STOP!!!!

From one New Yorker to another. Pease, do not go through the dealership!!!!!!! There are so many better deals around. I am in AZ. I can give you a breakdown. 07's with up to 15k miles go for around $34k. I saw a Platinum 07, 14k miles go for 38k. Dont forget, that 07 you are buying will be three years old (car years) come OCT 09'!!! The value will be less 18%-20% off originall MSRP.
I can already tell that you are "emotionally attached" to this vehicle. If I can tell from the left coast, those sharks at the dealership can smell you too. You are going to get KILLED on the deal. Take a breathe, they're are sooooo many Escalades out there. Be patient, wait for the deal to come to you!

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade 2007
200 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Just to give you an idea of price I bought an 07 Escalade last August 08 with 689 miles, never been titled. Has every option except the 22's and the power running boards. Navi, rear camera, heated/cooled seats, power folding second row, intelibeam, , you name it. Paid $39,000.00 out the door, mint condition.

I myself would jump on HVCONE's offer.

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey AZJScott and Buckeyefan.
Thanks for that info. I actually stop going through with it earlier today. I saw that the dealership didnt try to work with me on the numbers so I pretty much backed out. Im in the process again of looking around, just not sure on where else to check. I've checked ebay and only found most used 07's with higher mileage going for almost the same price or just a tad bit lower. And im also looking for one with a warranty. If you have any other advice on where to look i'd greatly appreciate that.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Just a note, used prices are a bit higher now than they were at the end of 2008. Once again, Carl is established here, we all know his business and how he maintains his vast fleet of vehicles most can only dream about. He is the real deal. You will do yourself a dis-service if you do not take a little trip to PA to look at his. That's it, I'm done. Except to say that if my Leased Lade gets stolen, I am going to have to make sure I stop smiling before I call the authorities...followed up by a call to Carl and a plane ticket to PA. :eek:

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trust me, if I could get Hcvone's escalade I would but I dont have 40k sitting around. And going through my credit union will only allow me to go through a dealership and not private party. If we go for a personal loan the interest rate will be much higher.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
And going through my credit union will only allow me to go through a dealership and not private party.
Really? That's too bad. I use a credit union and they have permitted me to get auto loans in the past from private parties. I guess each has their own set of rules.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I am a member of the Police Credit Union and they allow private purchases, usually used cars have a slightly higher APR on the loans, our credit union right now is 1/4% higher for used cars/trucks, of course no one has anything close to the 0% offered by GM ;)

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea, looks like they all differ in regards to those rules. But i'll see if theres another option. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
120 Posts
My credit union allowed me to buy used for 3.99%. I saved 15% from retail + 7.75% in sales tax, way better then 0% from a dealer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts