Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys after my 22 VS. 24 thread i pulled the trigger and bought a set of TIS 07 24x10's on 305/35r24 yokohama prada spex-c tires here's my problem though, since my truck has the retractable running boards the wheels + tires rub badly on the front fender liners (front and rear) and the worse is that when you turn the tires rub against the running board creating a bad vibration. my question is: do anyone have 24's with the retractable running boards that dont rub? also, i have yet to talk to my tire guy that gave me these for cost + 10% but is thier another tire size like a 285 or 295 that doesn't have these issues? any help would be great......thanks

MK

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
Is there any option for a wheel spacer available....like maybe a 1/2" spacer put on the hub. ...this should push out your wheel/rim..is this an option?
airlaird

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Bring it back to the shop you bought the wheels from and tell them to fix it. I wouldnt let any of our customers vehicles leave rubbing like that. Especially a brand new 60K truck.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i called the tire shop and they told me i have 2 options.....1. to go with a 295/35/r24 or go with a 22'' rim/tire combo

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Give the tire size change a try first. :thumbsup:

If that doesnt work, then I guess jump to 22s.

Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Guys after my 22 VS. 24 thread i pulled the trigger and bought a set of TIS 07 24x10's on 305/35r24 yokohama prada spex-c tires here's my problem though, since my truck has the retractable running boards the wheels + tires rub badly on the front fender liners (front and rear) and the worse is that when you turn the tires rub against the running board creating a bad vibration. my question is: do anyone have 24's with the retractable running boards that dont rub? also, i have yet to talk to my tire guy that gave me these for cost + 10% but is thier another tire size like a 285 or 295 that doesn't have these issues? any help would be great......thanks

MK
I would first start by checking the offset of the rim hubs. Ideally, you should have the same hub offset on the 24" wheel rims as what the hub offset was on the OEM 22" rims.

A wheel spacer may cure the problem as that will in effect change the offset; however a spacer of 1/2" in thickness is awfully large and would require new bolt studs. In addition, you may wind up having the wheel rubber protruding outside the lip of the wheel well lip with a spacer of that size.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
basically with the fixed running boards you should have no problems fitting 24" wheel, but with the power running boards and the offset of the tis 07' it has big rubbing issues regardless when we size down to a 295......so i ended up going to a tis 10' in 22'' with 285/45r22 yokohama prada spec X......and just for informational purposes i'll take pictures of both rims.......

·
Registered
Cadillac
123 Posts
It is all about the offsets see what he sold you if it is +18 that is why you need to be in the +30 range to fit right!!! If you are on the lower end you can use 3/8's spacers or buy new tires 295 35 24 will work fine! Hope it works out 22's on the new lade just doesnt look right!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts