Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have an 07 Escalade with 35K on the ODO. Went to pull it out of garage and nothing, no crank, lights on ok but not even a click. Tried remote start and nothing either. Battery is ok, at least it appears to be. Tried it a few minutes later and started but ran rough. Any ideas? Read all posts, looking for new ideas.

Thanks
Stosh

·
Registered
993 Posts
I had the same problem on my '07 Silverado, and '07 Escalade. Dealer changed out the battery on both and they were fine.

How long has it been sitting for? Battery original? When you tried cranking it, there were no noises coming out of the engine bay? Might be a bad starter, but I'm curious as to why it would run rough. No engine lights?

·
Registered
110 Posts
check the voltage when its running if its under 12v then it could be a bad battery or alternator and it will cause it to run rough.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has service engine soon light, no noise at all. I will look it over tomorrow for obvious things, corroded cable, check voltage etc let you know what I find. Thanks for the the feedback.

Stosh

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
Mine did this a while back. Took the cover off the starter and gave it a light whack. Started right up and never did it again.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
If it has a delco battery replace it and your problems will be gone, also as said check the cables, some times they look fine, but careful inspection will show damage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts