Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Re 07 Escalade.

My remote start doesnt work, when I press the start button on the key fob, it opens the whole rear hatch. Could you help me please.

·
Registered
none
234 Posts
Not trying to high jack but my remote start only works after I press the lock button, even if the truck was all ready locked it wont turn on. I seams I have to lock it and get a time frame to remote start it up before I have to press lock again. Is this right?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Not trying to high jack but my remote start only works after I press the lock button, even if the truck was all ready locked it wont turn on. I seams I have to lock it and get a time frame to remote start it up before I have to press lock again. Is this right?
Yes, it's a safety feature.

12,886 Posts
Mha, you can find information on this feature in your owners manual on pag 118. It shows that you have to press the lock button and then the start button to remote start the vehicle. You can do this again while the remote start is active to extend the remote start another 10 minutes as well. I hope this information helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts