Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 ESV.

I installed an 'isimple connect' about a month ago.

The 'isimple connect' adds bluetooth audio, plus additional aux audio inputs through a headphone jack or RCA. It does this by going through the XM module after it is hooked up to the harness on the back of the supernav. It also has a handsfree feature, but I don't use this because I swapped for a bluetooth VCIM.

A few days ago, my supernav has been RESTARTING when streaming audio bluetooth after about 30 seconds. Sometimes the XM tab dissapears, and requires a turn over to come back. Upon starting up, everything is wonderful, then 15-30 seconds later BAM, supernav restarts OR I lose the XM tab... I have also noticed that when listening to FM, all of the sudden the volume will go MUTE, without the mute indicator at the top left, and I need to switch sources and play with the volume again to turn it up.

Have I fried my XM module? Anyone have experience with this? This was a truly amazing aftermarket product that worked so well- now I'm annoyed- tech support at isimple have never heard of this issue before...

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
58 Posts
Johnnyfly123 said:
I have an 07 ESV.

I installed an 'isimple connect' about a month ago.

The 'isimple connect' adds bluetooth audio, plus additional aux audio inputs through a headphone jack or RCA. It does this by going through the XM module after it is hooked up to the harness on the back of the supernav. It also has a handsfree feature, but I don't use this because I swapped for a bluetooth VCIM.

A few days ago, my supernav has been RESTARTING when streaming audio bluetooth after about 30 seconds. Sometimes the XM tab dissapears, and requires a turn over to come back. Upon starting up, everything is wonderful, then 15-30 seconds later BAM, supernav restarts OR I lose the XM tab... I have also noticed that when listening to FM, all of the sudden the volume will go MUTE, without the mute indicator at the top left, and I need to switch sources and play with the volume again to turn it up.

Have I fried my XM module? Anyone have experience with this? This was a truly amazing aftermarket product that worked so well- now I'm annoyed- tech support at isimple have never heard of this issue before...
I installed the gmx550 and had a similar issue, I went back through and unplugged, replugged and all was well afterwards. I would suspect a poor connection or maybe a bad wire.

Check that way and before closing it all back up again, turn it on and play it for a while. If it works fine until you button it up, you have a loose wire or short somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh boy... I took EVERYTHING out and reconnected. Reconnected the isimple connect... same issue... I took everything out again and tried without the isimple and now IT WONT EVEN POWER UP LOL!!!! Supernav is now lifeless! I'm smoked! I'm pulling the battery now to see if it will reset. SIGH!!!

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
58 Posts
Johnnyfly123 said:
Oh boy... I took EVERYTHING out and reconnected. Reconnected the isimple connect... same issue... I took everything out again and tried without the isimple and now IT WONT EVEN POWER UP LOL!!!! Supernav is now lifeless! I'm smoked! I'm pulling the battery now to see if it will reset. SIGH!!!
There is a repair shop I had fix my multi-cd changer when it was at the dealership, but I need to look it up. They did a great job for a reasonable price to the dealership... $114 and they replaced the mech.

----------

jlawsonz said:
There is a repair shop I had fix my multi-cd changer when it was at the dealership, but I need to look it up. They did a great job for a reasonable price to the dealership... $114 and they replaced the mech.
I was wrong on they price.. $145 and took about a week.

Factory Repair Services 972-690-8115 is who my dealer used to repair mine. Cost them $145 to repair the Cd changer in my nav unit. They are in the Dallas area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts