Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the threads of placing a resister inline to disable the DIC messages.
It didnt work.

I bought this with the suspension system switched over to yukon suspension.

I have Service Traction Control, Service Suspension System, ABS light on.

I used 4 25w 3.9ohm resisters wired them into the connections at each wheel. I tried disconnecting the battery and draining, didnt work.

Could something else be causing this?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
268 Posts
Well as for service suspension system, adding the resistor would have removed the warning message 100% guaranteed. So there for something is wrongly connected.

As for "service traction control" ..this stupid error comes on for anything, in your case I am willing to bet it's because you have an issue with the ABS.

1st thing you should have done was diagnose the ABS error & fixed that.
Well do it now.

----------

Here is my thread on how I permanently fixed the Service suspension error on the DIC

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/645985-removing-service-suspension-system-dashboard.html

·
Registered
2007 escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so i removed all the resistors and checked all the connections and wired it all back up. Still shows Service suspension system.

It also has service stablitrak, service traction control. ABS light on. I think those are related to ABS as well, I took it and had it scanned. It wouldnt scan?

That was at AutoZone.. dealers are closed until monday.

I am wondering if the air ride compressor? is bad.. i dont hear it turn on at all.. the system has to be in working order for the resistors to disable the warnings correct?

Frustrating all these warnings and lights on..

·
Registered
171 Posts
you have to do some more for rear suspension, it's not just resistors. Take look at Arnott website.
See I was almost same situation after I got this truck. I tried to "cheat the system" and end up paying to Arnott and it works for 100% plus warranty. and I'm not woking for them, just giving a good advice. This is reason they have a such long and stable business, since it simple works every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts