Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Escalade with 131K on it. I am being plagued with what appears to be a common issue of the stabilitrack coming on intermittently after driving on the freeway for an extended time, and either dying while sitting at a red light, or simply not restarting once shut off. Then, wait 45m-2hrs and fires right up. No codes, nothing...like it never even happened, until the next time.

I have read through the threads here pertaining to this issue, but it seems this is STILL up in the air on how to actually diagnose this issue, and how to properly get it fixed for good. These '07 and '08 vehicles are getting older now, and there is no excuse why Cadillac can not seem to get this under control at this point with a clear diagnosis and FIX!

I have been to two separate dealers and neither seem to know anything about this problem, or how to go about fixing it.

Things that have been done, as per recommendation of my dealers, are as follows:
New fuel pump and module
new battery cables
reflashed ecm to hopefully help actually trigger a code

Next dealer recommended a new fuse block and throttle body and fuel system cleaning/flush. I chose to NOT do the fuse block, since I have read nothing anywhere that those have given trouble, and that the dealer admitted it was just a guess if that could be a problem.

It seems the cam actuator is pretty popular to change, but is this actually the cause and solution? I am done just throwing parts at this vehicle, and would like to get to the bottom of this before I spend any more money with my dealer that SHOULD already know what to do, the first time.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium Edition
196 Posts
Could be crankshaft position sensor. I have had these fail in several vehicles. Symptoms are random shut down when hot, and no codes triggered. Not sure if that would result in stabilitrack light coming on though.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,132 Posts
I had some strange issues with my wifes '97 Eldorado years back. When I drove it, it ran fine but she would randomly get the Stabiltrack and/or reduced power warnings on the DIC. The vehicle would ocassionaly stall and when in reduced power she felt it appeared it start out in 2nd gear when pulling off from a stop. I cant remember the specifics but for some reason it turned out to the be Steering Position Sensor at the base of the steering column. Now I have no idea what relationship that would have with the warnings and issues she was getting but I replaced it and the trouble went away.

Good Luck with resolving your issue!

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Cam actuator.
Either replace it, or remove the VVT all together. Texas Speed sells a kit to do this, and it won't break the bank.

·
Registered
2007 escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cam actuator.
Either replace it, or remove the VVT all together. Texas Speed sells a kit to do this, and it won't break the bank.
Is there actually a benefit to the VVT? If I eliminated it, what drawbacks would I notice?

12,776 Posts
I have a 2007 Escalade with 131K on it. I am being plagued with what appears to be a common issue of the stabilitrack coming on intermittently after driving on the freeway for an extended time, and either dying while sitting at a red light, or simply not restarting once shut off. Then, wait 45m-2hrs and fires right up. No codes, nothing...like it never even happened, until the next time.

I have read through the threads here pertaining to this issue, but it seems this is STILL up in the air on how to actually diagnose this issue, and how to properly get it fixed for good. These '07 and '08 vehicles are getting older now, and there is no excuse why Cadillac can not seem to get this under control at this point with a clear diagnosis and FIX!

I have been to two separate dealers and neither seem to know anything about this problem, or how to go about fixing it.

Things that have been done, as per recommendation of my dealers, are as follows:
New fuel pump and module
new battery cables
reflashed ecm to hopefully help actually trigger a code

Next dealer recommended a new fuse block and throttle body and fuel system cleaning/flush. I chose to NOT do the fuse block, since I have read nothing anywhere that those have given trouble, and that the dealer admitted it was just a guess if that could be a problem.

It seems the cam actuator is pretty popular to change, but is this actually the cause and solution? I am done just throwing parts at this vehicle, and would like to get to the bottom of this before I spend any more money with my dealer that SHOULD already know what to do, the first time.
Hello RJF,

I most definitely understand how this concern could feel frustrating, but I am here to look into this situation by PM if you would like some additional assistance. Please provide us with the name of your involved dealership, VIN, full name, and phone number to better assist you. Enjoy your day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts