Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from a Cadillac dealer in my area (Phoenix, AZ), offering a new 07 CTS-V for $3K under invoice (~$46K price range). I was really shopping for a low milage 06 model, but GM is really trying to move their end of year cars.

Anyhow, I will probably pay them a visit tomorrow and see if a deal can be worked.

-Craig-

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
you can do better :)
Not really. Unless the dealer is desperate and wants to get into their holdback, 3k under invoice is a fair deal. All we have for incentive is $3k, plus another $500 owner loyalty if you currently have a Cadillac.

·
Registered
2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V
457 Posts
I just drove a 2007 today and it was so much better than my 2005 in the transmission department. The shift gates were much crisper and I didn't have to struggle to get it into gear. I'm considering leasing a 2007 now.

·
Registered
'07 CTS V
24 Posts
I posted the message about elaborating on the price before I saw the other response. I bought a new 07 V 1 month ago. Before I made my purchase I considered what I was looking for, tested a number of vehicles and decided on the V. When I did I made sure I was informed about what prices were and what I could get for my money. Since then I've seen a number of posts on this forum where people claim that an 07 V can be had for $XX (xx is much less than what is real world). In each case I've asked the poster to explain in detail. The last message the other day was about a V listed on ebay that someone said could be had for 35k. It turned out the reserve price was 46,9k and it was of questionable usage (500 miles/replaced tires, "seems new").

I guess I'm just asking people to post facts rather than fiction, and when I see something that is intriguing but sounds too good to be true I'm asking for details. From the facts that I've seen a NEW 07 V cannot be had for less than 47 and more typical 49K - and that is base price without taxes, tags, etc.

I don't mean to offend anyone - but these unfounded statements don't serve anyone's interest.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Hey Carl - when it comes to pr*** size, number of women laid, car prices and gas mileage - don't believe anything you hear - just smile and nod

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
Here's some prices of V's recently sold at auction...

7/24 at Manheim 13,100 miles with above average cond. in Silver '05 $29,000

7/19 at Arena auction 30,362 miles avg condition in black '06 $27,000

7/18 at Milwaukee 20,277 miles avg cond. in Silver '04 $25,200

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
I posted the message about elaborating on the price before I saw the other response. I bought a new 07 V 1 month ago. Before I made my purchase I considered what I was looking for, tested a number of vehicles and decided on the V. When I did I made sure I was informed about what prices were and what I could get for my money. Since then I've seen a number of posts on this forum where people claim that an 07 V can be had for $XX (xx is much less than what is real world). In each case I've asked the poster to explain in detail. The last message the other day was about a V listed on ebay that someone said could be had for 35k. It turned out the reserve price was 46,9k and it was of questionable usage (500 miles/replaced tires, "seems new").

I guess I'm just asking people to post facts rather than fiction, and when I see something that is intriguing but sounds too good to be true I'm asking for details. From the facts that I've seen a NEW 07 V cannot be had for less than 47 and more typical 49K - and that is base price without taxes, tags, etc.

I don't mean to offend anyone - but these unfounded statements don't serve anyone's interest.
^^^ Hey, I like this guy! :highfive:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Here's some prices of V's recently sold at auction...

7/24 at Manheim 13,100 miles with above average cond. in Silver '05 $29,000

7/19 at Arena auction 30,362 miles avg condition in black '06 $27,000

7/18 at Milwaukee 20,277 miles avg cond. in Silver '04 $25,200
I cannot see how this information for pre-2007 used CTS-Vs is relevant to the retail price of a 2007 CTS-V with a 100k mile warranty.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I'll repeat myself:

Not really. Unless the dealer is desperate and wants to get into their holdback, 3k under invoice is a fair deal. All we have for incentive is $3k, plus another $500 owner loyalty if you currently have a Cadillac.

One thing I've learned in the car business is that everyone loves to brag about what a great negotiator they are, so most stories about amazing deals are highly exaggerated.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I'll repeat myself:

One thing I've learned in the car business is that everyone loves to brag about what a great negotiator they are, so most stories about amazing deals are highly exaggerated.
Bingo -- sometimes not even the spouse knows the real story, ahemmm or so I've heard.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't intend to mislead anyone, but I have received emails from two different dealers in the area that are saying $46K and change (pre taxes, and tags). There is a current cash allowance of $3K and they are subtracting that amount from the invoice price.

-Craig-

·
Registered
'07 CTS V
24 Posts
Craig,

I don't think you were misleading anyone. I was responding to the poster that said "you can do better". From what I understand and what others are saying "No, you can't" - it seems you are getting the best deal going. Now get the car and enjoy the hell out of it. Drive fast, speed up in the corners and smile.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
I havent purchased yet either, but I keep checking here:
http://www.gm.com/automotive/vehicle_shopping/currentoffers/SE_Consumer_IOU.html?
notice the current either/or - 0% for 36mo or 3000 cash back.

I'd like to get 0% for 60, but not sure when they'll go there for the 07s. My guess is within a few months. Even though the next V doesnt come out for a year, i'm betting they wont want 07s on the lot in 08. and $50k manual american made gas guzzlers arent selling like hotcakes. very niche market.

Note that if you use edmonds calculator, 0% for 60 mo is way better than 3 or 4k cash back at 6%

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
i have posted this info a few other times. dependind on your home zip gm was offering 0% for 60 months on new 06 cts-v. that is how i boght mine on 5-12-2007 from crest cadillac in plano texas yes it required a flight there from st. louis to pick up but the on in st. louis had damage. at that time there was 3 more new not program 06 cts-v left after i bought mine. the good thing is no gass guzzler tax on the 06 and i think there is on 07. that coupled with sitting on lot costing money they may be bit more motivated to move the 06 and save a little more for you. i agree people like to brag and seem like the best negotiator. by #'s people posted previously i defenately did not pay the least but can prove what i said and when i questioned some figures only 1 responded with a very good reason for his price. i would take others advice and only believe some of what you hear when it comes to pricing etc. not trying to upset anyone. so sorry if any one is offended.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
If you can get it in the $47K range that's awesome! I love my 2007

1 - 20 of 23 Posts