Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe, 2013 CTS-4, 1997 Cadillac STS, 2005 CTS-V,
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 CTS and noticed that the RDS (Radio Data System) in my car does not work very well. The clock display default comes on 3 sec after song info is being displayed and does not allow complete info (song title, artist, radio station call) to ever be displayed. It also keeps old info stored for many days without deleting and refreshing it. When I use the info button, most of the information has random letters and jibberish mixed in with the actual message making it almost discernable. Now, I have eliminated the possibility that this is any problem with the radio station because I have tried it with my wife's car parked directly beside the CTS and tuned to the same stations. Her's works flawlessly displaying all the information by auto scrolling and mine is crap! I have since done some research on-line and have found this is common on this car. One guy tried (4) different 07 CTS and they all did this. He had GM replace the radio under warranty and still the same thing. GM will not acknowledge a problem. My dealer tells me they have never heard of this problem. I read somewhere that maybe the radio modem for the RDS has design issues and most people don't complain because they are unaware of how it should function. Anyone have this problem and if so any solutions as of yet?:hmm:

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
Same problem here on my '03. If I go through the menu to retrieve the RDS info, it will display properly, but not on its own. No clue on a solution.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GM knows about this and they should have a solution to resolve the issue especially on one of their flagship cars! I think most of the problem could be resolved by increasing the clock default setting time. My wife's car scrolls continually displaying the whole message. I'm not sure why sometimes though some old info from a song played the day before is stored and displayed ,or why when you use the MSG button some of the message info contains jibeerish? :mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 07 CTS does it also. They all do! My wife has an Alero and it works perfectly on all the same stations parked side by side. GM just tells everyone that they have never heard of this problem (yah right). Replacement won't help as it is a design flaw in the software and GM will not lift a finger to correct it warranty or not. They just want you to live with it or buy a new Cadillac. What a joke! They need to fire the person responsible for the R&D that went into this radio. What kind of testing did they do anyway? :rant2:

·
Registered
2007 CTS
8 Posts
Yep... my 2007 does this as well..!
does not allow complete info (song title, artist, radio station call) to ever be displayed.
I thought it was "normal".

·
Registered
2003 CTS
39 Posts
I get one word at best on some stations. I listen to cds mostly, unless the cd gets jammed, then I'll listen to the radio.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2/2004 GTO/2004 GMC Yukon
324 Posts
My 03 does this also. It is very annoying, especially for a Cadillac. I thought I read something about software updates for the stereo??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts