Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been visitt ing this forums for awhile now reading up on the CTS and checking out everyone's pics of the fantastic car. I have a 2001 lincoln ls with 75000 miles on it so I think its about time to trade before things really start to break. Ive always loved the CTS and with the new design coming up I have priced out a really good deal (at least I think). What im looking at is really the last Black 2007 CTS around me (Clemson, SC). Im worried about getting it because of a few things: its only a 2.8L model <---how underpwered is it really? Looking at the specs its says it will go 0-60 in 7 sec and thats what my ls would do so if thats true im fine with that. Also it is going to be the old design in a couple months but the new model will be out of my price range for awhile. So what do you guys think? Oh and by the way with my trade and negotiation ive got the low dollar is 20,500 everything. It has a sunroof but thats the only option. So any imput would be great I want to join the rest of you as a fellow CTS owner!

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Some folks on here will say no to the 2.8 because they have the 3.6/ ask those who already have the 2.8, see what they have to say. I have 3.2 is it a speed demon? Nope, but im not hurtin' to get up to highway speeds. $20,500 for new/no miles CTS sounds good considering your high mile trade in.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
I'm not sure how good of a deal you are getting. If sticker is $31,870 (2.8L, sunroof, manual) then the invoice is $29,720. According to KBB, trade is $8,105 on a V8 LS as you describe. Adding $1200 for sales tax (not sure of your rate so I assumed 6%) and you get an out the door price around 20,500. Right now, GM is offering a $3,000 rebate, so I'd say the deal is about $3,000 too high. The trade on a V6 is $1,615 less, and not sure if the caddy has an auto (another $1000). Assuming these two, then it still is about $400 to high.

I'd start off at dealer invoice, subtract KBB trade value, add sales tax, and then subtract the rebate. This late in the season with a completely new remodel I would push for at least this good of a deal - maybe better.

Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
:welcome5: dputeri! I own an '07 and love it, though I've had her 10 months now. I love the looks of the '08 but would hesitate to purchase a "first run" of the new style till the kinks are out. Maybe an '09 for me, lol!! Anyhow, did you test drive the 2.8? Mine is the 3.6 so I can't comment on the power issue...but you should get decent gas mileage. Louie has given excellent advice on the trade numbers so see if you can negotiate a better deal. Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Welcome Dputeri!

I too Own a 07 3.6 and love it. I agree that this late in the season just before a new roll out, You should be in a very good position to make a great deal on a 07. Don't let them fool you. Ask them to look at other dealers in the area, they often will go into the inventory of a close by Caddy dealer and fetch you the CTS you want. Remember that in just a short while, the lot will be filled with 08's and they don't want to get stuck with them. Be aggressive and call around to other dealers and see what they have in stock.

Never heard too many good things about the 2.8 but like someone said find a owner with a 2.8 and ask them.. Some great lease options out there as well with GMAC.

Good Luck

T

Click image to enlarge

·
Registered
Cadillac
62 Posts
well i own a 06 2.8L which i bought brandnew a month ago. got a smoking deal on it....way lower then invoice.

2.8L manual, i had a mustang before it. 3.8L and it is not nearlly as fast, but its still got pull. its got alott of torque for its size, and good driving habits can get u 7L/100km.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
I just got a 2007 3.6L. Even though its not the 2.8 L your looking to get i have to say i love this car. I also was going to wait for the 08 to come out but i couldnt past up a good deal. I got the Lux/package with all the options. I love the 255hp it has. Not that i care to much for the speed because thats not why i gotten the car. Anything is better then the 130hp Matrix i had last. So i say even though its only a 2.8L go for it. the car its self is hot looking and fun to drive.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
The bigger engine will typically give you better gas mileage.

Also, the bigger engine is very useful when getting on ramps on the expressway, etc.

More horsepower = more opportunity to get out of the way of an accident.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys thanks for all of your responses. A couple of things I wouldnt mind paying the extra 3k for the 3.6 but I have searched the inventories at every cadillac dealership for 250 miles from me. No one has a Black 3.6 caddy! Do you think they will be getting more in because I thought they were trying to get rid of the inventory they have now for the 08? I just dont want to pass up this 2.8 in hope of a 3.6 and end up with neither.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
You can check out inventories of all dealerships within specific distances by going to Cadillac.com and choosing "Locate a Dealer." When you plug in your zip code you'll get tons of dealerships and can search their inventories. ANY dealer will get you the car you want if it's available. Good luck!

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
I don't know how you feel about the STS, but a local dealer Bayview Cadillac had an ad in the paper last week.

Brand New 2006 STS with V8 MSRP $59,900 on sale with 0% 5 years for $36,900

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
As Right Turn suggested, I checked Cadillac.com and found a black raven CTS at this dealer

ROOSTER BUSH PONTIAC-CADILLAC-GMC TRUCK, INC.
145 BUSH DRIVE, MORGANTON, NC 28655-4668

About 100 miles from you

Check the web site and click on search Inventory and punch in your zip and search all the dealers around the area up to 500 miles.

I am sure you'll find what your looking for.

If you need further help, Just ask

Good Luck

T

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thanks Tony I just made an online offer that I hope they will accept. I really low balled um to see how low they will go so wish me luck! I offered them my 2001 lincoln ls spt package V8 sunroof leather 76000 miles, and a 2004 mazda RX8 with 12,000 still owed on it and $18000 cash so maybe they will bite. Def worth the drive up there!

B

·
0 Posts
I think you should test drive a 3.6L and see if it makes a difference to you based on how you drive. It doesn't sound like you are a power freak like a lot of guys in this forum so the 2.8L may be fine. I drive fast and like the 3.6L power for passing. If you find that you want a 3.6L then ask for a dealer trade or look for the one you want on Ebay or CarsDirect.com. You may want to consider an 06 with low miles with plenty of warranty left instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts