Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 ext's front pads are wasted at 17k miles, and half of that is highway!

anyone else finding this.

what pads has everyone else put on the stock calipers? not trying to upgrade brakes on a 60k truck...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My 07' with 15k miles was just inspected, the brake pads showed less than 2/32" wear, my 03' Eacalade with 35k miles still had more than half the pad left. You running large wheels?

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
As an owner of a Landcruiser I can tell you 17,000 miles on such a heavy vehicle...is very common and really not bad. My pads on my Landcruiser have only lasted 13-14,000 miles...and it weighs a little LESS than our Escalades. I think your pads are wearing normally for the weight and power the Escalade has. Keep in mind, aftermarket brake pads (if you go that route) MAY wear the rotors down quicker.
airlaird

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Like Carl indicated, something does not seem right.

I got 60K+ out of stock pads on my two prior full size Tahoes (99 & 01) with a mix of city and highway. The Lade does not weigh THAT much more. Could your front pads be rubbing?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 07' with 15k miles was just inspected, the brake pads showed less than 2/32" wear, my 03' Eacalade with 35k miles still had more than half the pad left. You running large wheels?

Just the factory 22's hc

i thought it seemed a little much too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like Carl indicated, something does not seem right.

I got 60K+ out of stock pads on my two prior full size Tahoes (99 & 01) with a mix of city and highway. The Lade does not weigh THAT much more. Could your front pads be rubbing?
nothing seems to be rubbing, as a matter of fact, as most of you prob know, with that 6 speed auto, the escalade is a freewheeling demon. it will coast forever.

bmb

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no responses at all...pretty sad guys

if the title of this thread was "show us your lade" or "what color is your lade" there would be a hundred responses by now...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
no responses at all...pretty sad guys

if the title of this thread was "show us your lade" or "what color is your lade" there would be a hundred responses by now...
I saw a customer last night, he has 31k on his 07', still has the stock pads, he has 24's on his truck, I looked at his pads and they still had about 1/3 pad left. I do not anyone replaced their stock pads due to wear out on this site that I remember reading so far. :confused:

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
BMBSALES,

You or whoever is driving your EXT must be very hard on the brakes. I have never had a GM vehicle (owned at least 20+ GM vehicles since 2000) whether it was a car, truck or SUV have the need for brakes that early on. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I replaced brake pads on any of the GM vehicles I have owned.

I sold my 2005 Escalade with 30,000 miles and when I inspected the brake pads, both front and rear had plenty of brake pad left.

On my 2007 Escalade, we currently have 20,000 miles on it and I just inspected the brake pads last week and we had enough for at least another 20,000 miles or MORE!!

GM trucks and SUVs have bigger brake systems that are more than adequate to last as long as you drive the car in a normal fashion. Between my wife and I, our brake pads last a long time. Our lease will be up on our 2007 way before the brake pads will need replacing. That's for sure.

Please keep in mind that I am in no way easy on the GM vehicles I owned. I am quite aggressive on them. My wife drives very conservatively.

SG

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe i better take another look, because i don't drive it all that hard, but the wife drives it mostly. it might be time to replace her!

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
maybe i better take another look, because i don't drive it all that hard, but the wife drives it mostly. it might be time to replace her!
LOL.

P.S. I am fairly certain that replacing the brakes will be cheaper than replacing the wife....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts