Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one running a bigger tire on the oem 22" wheels? I'm thinking of running a toyo a/t tire but want to go up to a 305/40/22.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville
127 Posts
305/40-22 is half an inch smaller in diameter than the stock tire. Hence, your speedometer and odometer will be slightly off.

Not sure about clearance in the wheelwells, though.

·
Registered
07 Escalade
10 Posts
I have 305/45/22 Nitto's on mine. Looks good, rides good and only rubs in the rear as I leave my subdivision.. The angle of the exit I assume is the culprit. Passenger side gets compressed while drivers side extends... Guess I could hit the exit straight or slow down... but I dont..lol

·
Registered
2008 CTS4, 2011 EXT, 2002 Avalanche 2500
27 Posts
I run 305/40/22 they are a little wider which I like. Not much difference in height compared to 285/45/22 that came on my truck

·
Registered
2010 Escalade,05 F150, 05 G35coupe
7 Posts
I have 305/45/22 Nitto's on mine. Looks good, rides good and only rubs in the rear as I leave my subdivision.. The angle of the exit I assume is the culprit. Passenger side gets compressed while drivers side extends... Guess I could hit the exit straight or slow down... but I dont..lol
I agree ride is awsome but I have major rubb issues on my left i forgot name of inside but is ribbing badd on the black plastic No choice but to cut or take it off!!!

·
Registered
07 Escalade
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i went up to a 305/40/22 tire on the stock escalade wheels. Yes it rubs but after a little trimming on the back inner fenders its got a nice stance.

·
Registered
Escalade
5 Posts
Im sitting on 26s and thinking about going to 28s just wanna know if anyone is having issues with anything bigger than 26s

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
This might sound weird. I'm running 305/35R24 offset 30. At stock height, I had lots of rubbing. I think it was hitting the rear of my wheel well and side runners. After lowering it 2". I have absolutely NO RUBBING.

·
Registered
08 escalade ext / 04 xlr roadster
41 Posts
I just had TOYO proxy 2 305/40/22 tires installed and have no rub issues ( stock chrome rim ). They are about 1/2" overall or 1/4" less in radius meaning 1/4" in height. They are about an inch wider and handle much better than stock 285/45/22. There is a slight loss in gas mileage overall. Wanted the 305/45/22 tires but they would rub. Had them ordered in and mounted on one rim to test and there would be a rubbing issue with full lock turn. Want to see how they handle in snow. very impressed with TOYO tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts