Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just curious if tails from 07-14 tahoe/yukons (particularly yukons) are interchangeable with ours (i.e. will they fit)? Reason I'm asking is bc I found an aftermarket set made for the yukon denali's that look almost verbatim to the smoked versions found on the '12+ premium escalades (pic below) and I'm just curious if they will be a direct bolt-on; I can figure out the wiring if need be. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

03-cd07tledg5sm.jpg

·
Registered
DHS, 2007 ESV
241 Posts
They are the same. The corner pieces of the Yukon/Tahoe are rounded, where the Esky are creased. So check the ones you are interested in to see if they match up at the top corner. Also beware of the Chinese LED taillights, the connectors are not Weather-pak (sealed with the little silicone terminal seals) and they will corrode over time, giving intermittent connections.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Probably won't match up with the beveled edge of the trim above the tail lights either.

·
Registered
2010 Galaxy Grey Escalade
128 Posts
They will not work. They wiring is different for Yukons/Tahoes. I had a 07 Tahoe with OEM Escalade tails but had to get a trailer wiring harness to get it to work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
wangstarr03, did you ever get a set to try? Im tempted to as I think these look much better than the clear lens that are available for the Escalade. I cannot believe that none of the aftermarket vendors offer this combo as a direct fit on the Escalade.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wangstarr03, did you ever get a set to try? Im tempted to as I think these look much better than the clear lens that are available for the Escalade. I cannot believe that none of the aftermarket vendors offer this combo as a direct fit on the Escalade.
Unfortunately, I never got around to changing out the tails so I can't report back whether or not they'd work. I'm considering it again, though so if I do end up moving forward I'll let everyone know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts