Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've had the 06 bad boy now for a month and still 100% pleased. After the break in period I tried a "competitve mode" launch and peeled out what i think is normal. No hop that i could detect. 65 degrees here and dry streets. I fishtailed out a little and got a funny look from the lady walking her dog but other than that, felt great.

I do here a clunk when slow shifting 2nd to 3rd which when asking the dealer service rep about this he replied it was normal with a tremec trans. that they are heavy duty and will make truck like sounds. My sound happens when the clutch goes in going from 2 to 3....is this what everyone here is complaining about?

Overall, i'm happy and would be interested in a couple of months of adding 35 to 45 more torque with some mods like cai and tune. Like to stay with stock exhaust as i'm getting to like the sound beleive it or not.

David

·
Registered
former 2005 CTS-V owner
404 Posts
Sweet! Glad you like it. I have an 05 for about 5 months and I have had zero problems. I took off all modes once and lit it up at a stop light. I got sideways and a little wheel hop, but after reading this forum I was kind of expecting it so it wasn't that bad. It doesn't bother me. I love the car. I did go the way of an exhaust against my wife's wishes. She doesn't mind after it was put on.

Rock

·
Registered
321 Posts
Davidstan said:
After the break in period I tried a "competitve mode" launch and peeled out what i think is normal. No hop that i could detect.
David

Congrats...

Which Goodyears do you have?

Joe
New Orleans

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the v rated GY RSA's.

I know there are threads on this but the clunk I am getting when i put the clutch in at low speed is something we all have (parade clunk) or is there something worse going on w/ other members here? I hav'nt had a stick since a Honda prelude years ago so i am a new to this high performance stuff.

Thx!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, Black on Black, Sunroof, UUC Bushing, Hotchkis
24 Posts
I have had my 05 about a month. The clunk is nothing compared to the the stupid 1st to 4th shifting. I ordered the CAGS, can't wait to install that and the UUC shifter.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Yeah the shifting was really pissing me off yesterday driving in traffic, so I ordered !Cags as well today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts