Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are gonna love this. Not to bash GM but they really need to get their act together. I've been on the 'Cadillac Personal Assistant' plan for ~2 months now. They seem to have NO idea what they are talking about. My 'assistant' has been swearing to me that the '06 CTS-V has been available and on dealer lots since May/June. I asked him to find me one (knowing they haven't even gotten VIN #'s yet) and his response was 'I haven't been able to get a hold of any dealer managers to find out their inventory'. Hmm...

Today I get this letter:
Dear Mr. Bizzarro,

My name is Jack chance, your Cadillac Personal Assistant. A short time ago, you expressed an interest in our new Cadillac CTS-V and the exclusive Personal Assistant Program. I wanted to share with you some information regarding the Cadillac CTS-V. 2006 CTS-V vehicles are available for purchase at your preferred Cadillac dealership. Please see your preferred Cadillac dealership about ordering your very own CTS-V!

Equipped with a revised LS6 5.7-liter 400-horsepower V8 engine mated to a Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission, the CTS-V is a highly refined performance sedan that's designed and engineered for driving enthusiasts, whether on the road or at the track. Based upon GM's new rear-wheel-drive Sigma architecture, which also is the foundation for the CTS sedan, SRX luxury utility, and forthcoming STS luxury sedan, the CTS-V incorporates a series of high-performance refinements tuned on the world's most renowned tracks, including the famed Nürburgring in Germany.

The CTS-V marks Cadillac commitment to provide performance and luxury, all wrapped up in a great car! Please not that the 2005 model year does not reflect many changes. Two new exterior colors have been added as available selections: Stealth Gray and Redline. A new Light Gray interior will also be available later this model year. Please be advised that these colors may be limited in availability. The only sure way of guaranteeing your acquisition of either color is to get to your preferred Cadillac dealership and place your order today!

Remember, this exclusive program is a free service and you are under no obligation whatsoever. Thank you for your interest in the 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. I look forward to assisting you.

Sincerely,

Jack Chance
Cadillac CTS-V Personal Assistant
[email protected]
1-877-722-2339 extension 47721

and my response...
Jack,
Is this an incorrectly edited version of last year's introduction letter? According to the newest dealer training documentation (9/06), the '06 CTS-V shares the LS2 engine with the GTO and base C6 Corvette, not a revised LS6 as the '05 contained. The third paragraph of your letter references 2005 MY changes. The color revision for '06 is that Redline becomes Infrared. Current paint swatches are available in the general CTS brochure. Note the last line thanking me for my interest in an '05 CTS-V not an '06.

You had also advised me that '06 CTS-V's have been available since May/June of 2005. According to local dealer sales managers, VIN #'s have not been generated yet and build dates will not start until October 24th. There was apparently a delay due to retooling for the STS-V and XLR-V. To date, the GM/Cadillac corporate website still does not support '06 build information which leads me to believe orders are not being processed yet. The HTML code specifically states 'not yet available'.

Please keep me informed of correct data as I am eager to purchase one of these vehicles. If you only have speculations, I would prefer not to be notified of them.

Thank you for your time.
-Mike

Sooo if they have no news, they just edit last years letter and MAKE news? If they were going to substitute '05 with '06 you would think they might at least do a find/replace ALL. Near as I can figure from his title, all this guy has to do all day is field questions about *1* car. Shouldn't he know a little something about it?

Sorry for the rant but this was just a little ridiculous. :banghead:
-Mike

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It appears they made a mistake in their letter to you; this mistake being that you received the letter regarding a 2005, not 2006, CTS-V. Tell your "personal assistant" to get his head out of his ass and either forward you the new 2006 letter, probably not available yet, or just be up front with you and admit that the 2006 is not available yet (he must not be aware of the power and knowledge of this forum!).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think Cadillac is inteerfeering with the cts-v way too much.
I mean the only people that should have any say so with the V (imho) is "GMPD"

I said it before and i'l say it again.I wish the V was more GMPD and less Cadillac.

Cadillac knows nothing about the "Performance Sedan" market.AT ALL!! :helpless:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
BowenCT